Lissack's Lawyers Formally Notify Court of plan to Appeal Sakura Decision
- Four Firms Settle Yield-Burning Suit. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31008, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Michael Lissack against Sakura Global Capital Inc. Alleged corrupt bidding practices and yield burning; Yield-burning lawsuits settled in the United States.
- Sakura Wins Lawsuit. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p1
Reports that a New York City federal judge has dismissed yield burning charges by Michael Lissack, a former managing director of Smith Barney Inc. against Sakura Global Capital Markets Inc. Grounds cited in the judgment; Details of charges leveled by Lissack; Opinion of the judge on tax related...
- Lissack, Sakura Battling Over Yield-Burning Accusations. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p6
Reports the yield-burning claims filed by Michael Lissack against Sakura Global Capital Markets Inc. in the United States. Context of the suit; Impact of fraud mispricing by Sakura on the Treasury Department; Effects of the jurisdictional bar of False Claims Act on the claim.
- SEC to consolidate Cochran, related suits into one. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p4
Discloses the US Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) plan to file an amended lawsuit consolidating fraud charges against Sakura Global Capital Inc., and former Stifel Nicolaus & Co. and Sakura officials. Filing of the complaint with a federal court in Oklahoma; Separate suits concerning...
- Ex-banker Lissack charged with fraud over 1994 swap. Hume, Lynn Stevens; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30237, p1
Reports that the US Securities and Exchange Commission has filed fraud charges against Michael Lissack, former Smith Barney derivatives banker. Amount the company will pay to settle charges that it failed to supervise Barney; Use of inaccurate assumptions on Dade County, Florida.
- SEC asks appeals court to reverse judge's sanction in Cochran case. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30540, p1
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission has asked a United States appeals court to reverse its sanction in a case against Robert Cochran, Sakura Global Capital Inc. and three other individuals. Direction to the trial court to allow the commission's two experts to...
- Cochran and others to be fined by SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30579, p1
Reports that the US Securities and Exchange Commission is expected to announce its settlement with the defendants in a securities fraud case. Lawsuit filed against Robert Cochran; Settlement with Sakura Global Capital Inc., Steven Strauss and James Pannone; `Comfort' and `closing' letters...
- Sakura opposes SEC bid to use expert testimony in Cochran case. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p36
Reports that Sakura Global Capital Inc. has asked a federal court of appeals to deny the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's petition asking its expert witnesses be allowed to testify in a case against the firm filed by former investment banker Robert Cochran over alleged...
- Lissack, SEC called near a settlement: Barred, $30,000 fine. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;01/28/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30319, p1
Reports on the penalties imposed by the US Securities & Exchange Commission on former Smith Barney Inc. managing director Michael Lissack over a swap transaction in Dade County, Florida. Agreement of Lissack to pay $30,000 in fines to the US SEC; Barring of Lissack from the securities industry...