Court Hears Calif. Recall Arguments
- Lincoln Club Prez Calls Davis Ouster; Woolley Comes Home. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p3
Reports developments in Orange County, California as of June 2003. Signature campaign of Lincoln Club for the recall of Governor Gray Davis; Anniversary celebration of Martin and Tamar Brower; Renovation of the Hilton Costa Mesa.
- Recall? Voters Missed Their Chance Last November. // San Diego Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p34
Editorial. Comments on the campaign of Californians to recall Governor Gray Davis. Concern over the increasing state deficit; Correction of the current financial mess; Proposal for special election.
- Recall Campaign Ushers in Summer of Political Turmoil. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the progress of the election recall campaign against Governor Gray Davis in California. Factors stimulating the recall campaign; Citations of the potential candidates in the proposed re-election; Response of Davis to the recall campaign.
- GLBT groups say Davis recall would be bad for community. Cyphers, Amber L. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/14/2003, Issue 816, p39
Discusses the campaign of Governor Gray Davis for gays in California to oppose his recall. Consternation of civil rights groups; State of the economy and energy deregulation fiasco; Notoriety of anti-gays in the state.
- Governor Who? Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p35
Reports on the October 7, 2003 recall elections of the California governor, Gray Davis. Information on contenders for the post of governor.
- Stakes High for Both Parties as Davis Ouster Bid Heats Up. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the prospect of a recall vote to unseat California governor Gray Davis. Race among Democrats and Republicans for the position; Process by which top vote-getter becomes governor without having to earn a majority; Political scenarios from a recall process; Comments of political...
- What Impact Will a Recall Election Have on Business? // San Diego Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p35
Presents the opinions of corporate executives pertaining to the potential economic impact of the recall of Governor Gray Davis in California. Factors causing the disruption of the services sector with the recall; Comparative effect of the recall on private firms and state-operated firms;...
- Let's Let the Healing Begin. Hollon, John // San Diego Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p46
Editorial. Discusses Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carl West's rejection of a request from Taxpayers Against the Governor's Recall for an immediate hearing to challenge the methods recall proponents used to gather signatures for the ouster of California Governor Gray Davis. Alleged use of...
- Pros: Calif. May Have Hit Bottom. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p1
Reports on the implication of the gubernatorial recall election of governor Gray Davis on the state budget process in California. Prioritization of the fiscal management and budgetary process in the state; Participation of the investors in the economic condition of the country.