Easing Tax-Exempt Fears
- Taxes Act consolidation. // Accountancy;Dec1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1132, p52
Reports that the Income and Corporation Taxes Bill was given its first reading in Great Britain on October 28, 1987.
- Costs of Parliamentary Bill. // Accountancy;Apr1967, Vol. 78 Issue 884, p277
Answers a reader's question on whether the costs of a Parliamentary Bill should be disallowed for corporation tax purposes in Great Britain. Details of the case; Effects on the accounting sector; Policy implications on taxation.
- California's Water's-Edge Taxation of International Businesses: 2003 Update. Coffill, Eric J. // Tax Executive;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p382
Focuses on the position of California regarding taxation of international businesses. Types of entities included in the water's-edge election for the state's unitary method of taxation; Provisions of the section 936 of the California tax code; Role of the Senate Bill 1061 in water's-edge...
- Tax Package Short on Muni Provisions. Barnett, SusannaDuff // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p1
Reports on the final details of the corporate tax bill in Washington. Creation of a temporary new class of environmental bonds; Ability of the Indian tribes to tax-exempt bonds as states and local government; Issuance of bonds for environment-friendly entertainment and resort facilities.
- Six economic development bills wait for governor's approval. M.M. // Caribbean Business;7/17/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p12
Reports on the need for governor's approval of economic development bills in Puerto Rico. Provision of the Prompt Payment Law; Legislative proposal to extend the tax benefit to corporations and partnerships; Enforcement of the Preference Law on government agencies for the acquisition of goods...
- 2014 budget bill corporate tax revenue target up HUF 38 bln from this year. // Hungary A.M.;10/1/2013, p3
The article offers information on the Hungarian 2014 budget bill which aims to increase corporate tax revenue by 38 billion Hungarian forints.
- House Lawmaker Touts Plan To Promote Tax-Free Savings. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32315, p5
The article reports on the legislation proposed by legislator Phil English which allows investors to earn an unlimited tax-free income from savings accounts. The bill is design to streamline the federal tax code through simplification of income and corporate tax calculations. Under the bill,...
- Will Green Bonds Sprout? Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p1
Discusses the prospect of the approval of the proposal for the green bond, the corporate tax bill that contains numerous municipal bond-friendly provisions, in the U.S. Explanation concerning the creation of the green bond proposal of a new category of tax-exempt bonds for large...
- Senate OKs Its Version of Corporate Tax Bill Ahead of Summer Recess. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31928, p5
Reports that the Senate and House of Representatives are one step closer to negotiating the stalled corporate tax bill in the United States. Federal buyout of tobacco farmers and federal regulation of tobacco products; Senate's appointment of a bipartisan group of senators to negotiate the bill;...