CDC's HIV prevention plans face mounting criticism
- Detecting highly transmissible acute HIV. // AIDS Alert;Jan2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p7
No abstract available.
- Reducing perinatal transmission of HIV. // Patient Care;5/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p89
Highlights the recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for reducing perinatal transmission of HIV. Information on the protocol; Guideline for pregnant, HIV-infected women.
- CDC meeting takes closer look at HIV prevention initiatives. Anderson, Margaret // Nation's Health;Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) meeting concerning its Prevention Marketing Initiative. Aim of preventing the spread of HIV in young people; Goal of using marketing principles to get an HIV and sexually transmitted disease prevention message to young adults;...
- CDC renews plan to reduce new HIV infections, but with more modest goals. // AIDS Alert;Feb2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the new plan of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of Atlanta, Georgia to reduce new HIV infections but with more goals.
- CDC: School-based HIV instructors need more training. // Nation's Health;Oct96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report indicating the need for improvement in various HIV-prevention education programs in schools in the United States. National objective for year 2000.
- Local reinvention of the CDC HIV prevention community planning initiative. Dearing, James W.; Larson, Sam; Randall, Liisa M.; Pope, Randall S. // Journal of Community Health;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p113
Reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and affiliation states, cities and territories in the United States, introduced human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention community planning in 1994. Implementation of CDC community planning initiative; Process evaluation of...
- CDC launches national HIV campaign. Curry, George E. // Michigan Citizen;7/22/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 37, pA5
The article reports on the launch of HIV campaign "Let's Stop HIV Together" by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Washington, D.C.
- Planning process localizes HIV prevention plans, say CDC officials. // Nation's Health;Jan95, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p10
Discusses various aspects of the HIV Prevention Community Planning Process which was developed in 1994 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with help from other organizations. The issues of parity, inclusion and representation on the planning process.
- The Supplement to HIV-AIDS Surveillance project: An approach for monitoring HIV risk behaviors. Buehler, James W.; Diaz, Theresa // Public Health Reports;1996 Supplement, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p133
Describes the Supplement to HIV-AIDS Surveillance project of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in monitoring HIV risk behaviors. Use of the infrastructure of HIV infection and AIDS case reporting to collect additional information on risk behavior among HIV-infected persons;...