Is CPD in danger of being hijacked?
- EDUCATION & TRAINING DIRECTORY. // Accountancy;Jul2012, Vol. 149 Issue 1427, p82
A directory for education and training services in England is presented.
- Training exchanges expand buyers' options. Prencipe, Loretta W. // InfoWorld;11/13/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p38
Focuses on the benefit offered by training exchanges on buyers. Implication of the growing popularity of training exchanges on professional education services industry; Concept of trading exchanges.
- Are you a model of sophisticated CPD? Pierce, David // People Management;9/26/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 19, p59
Puts forward a model for continuing professional development (CPD) in organisations. Distinct quality of CPD; Ways of learning; Four approaches to professional development.
- Advancing Women to the Front of the Line. // HR Professional;Feb2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
The article reports that with the Women of Influence Advancement Centre, a resource for ambitious women looking to develop their professional skills, Women of Influence Incorporated and Knightsbridge are partnering to help women tap into their unique and authentic leadership skills.
- Training initiatives are key to the print sector's success. Danielli, Darryl // PrintWeek;4/19/2013, p3
The author express his thoughts about the role of training initiatives in the success of the printing industry as seen by the launch of Graduate Management Programme by the British Printing Industries Federation.
- Education Committee Supports On-the-Job Learning Credits. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p46
Reports the assistance of the Education Committee on-the-job learning credits in Pennsylvania. Proposal of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) exposure draft; Introduction of independent study on earning CPE credits; Recognition on the value of on-the-job learning.
- What professional learning story will you tell at the end of the school year? Hirsh, Stephanie // Journal of Staff Development;Oct2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p76
The article presents information on the program 'Tell Your Story,' launched by the journal for professionals in the U.S. Under the program, it invites people to share their professional learning experiences. The real life stories of professionals will make the importance of professional learning...
- Back to Class. Johne, Marjo // CMA Management;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the decision of companies in Canada to send their employees back to universities to take customized courses in professional development. Importance of management training program to employee development at Metafore, an information technology firm in Ontario; Appeal of university...
- Professional Development. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Summer2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p53
Presents an update concerning professional development in the U.S. as of June 2003. Announcement of the new member benefit program called the Wells Fargo Capital for Knowledge Program of the American Society of Military Comptrollers; Five-step method of studying for CDFM according to budget...