- Association managers see more business. Klayman, Gary // Orange County Business Journal;11/04/96, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p39
Reports on the increase of business in Orange County, in statements from association management firms. Information on condominium managers in Orange County; Comments from Lisa Ann Dale, president of No. 4 Sebreeze Management Company.
- Association management firms. Klayman, Gary // Orange County Business Journal;11/04/96, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p40
Presents information on association management firms in Orange County.
- Projecting a positive image. Buhler, Patricia // Supervision;Jan95, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p24
Describes organizations as valuing employees who project a positive image. Importance of dressing for success in business; Upright posture as conveying confidence and courage; Smile as an aid in projecting a positive image; Tone of voice, body language and inflection as critical in the...
- Chapter and sections doing it well and doing it right. Kochanowski, Yvonne // PA Times;Oct97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p13
Provides insight on managing professional organizations. Includes networking opportunities; Chapter section leadership refresher; Informative programs; Outreach activities; Concept of membership; Excellence awards; Partnership opportunities; Communication with members.
- How to turn the microphone on your members. Cook, Stephen K. // Public Relations Tactics;Nov94, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the carrying out of an effective membership-base media relations outreach program. Includes the conduct of a survey in order to know what they are willing to do and what their area of interest is; Pre-selling the program to association and industry leaders; Recognition of...
- Hottest topics in association management. // Association Management;Dec94, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p109
Presents issues of concern in association management. Includes human resources; Organization and planning; Membership development.
- Seven myths of association management. Strano, Richard A. // Association Management;Jun95, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p20
Debunks seven myths of association management. Chief executives' treatment of associations as their own; Distinction between not-for-profit and for-profit associations; Election of board members who are representative of the organization's diversity; Spending for direct-mail marketing;...
- Getting a grip on government relations. Smith Jr., Edward L. // Association Management;Jun95, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p29
Presents a list of questions that must be answered when assessing an association's needs regarding government relations. Government relations management tools.
- Search for insights rather than answers. Shinn, Linda J. // Association Management;Sep95, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p23
Offers advice to association executives on how to cure organizational ailments or make organizational change. Search for insights rather than answers; Understanding and integrating bits and pieces of information; Keeping a journal.