- Airborne chemical and meteorological measurements made during the 1992 TRACT experiment: Quality... Kanter, H.-J.; Slemr, F. // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association;Aug96, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p710
Discusses the utilization of an extensive quality control and assessment plan in measuring the quality of various compounds to ensure the homogenous quality of the data in the United States. Intercomparison of data with air pressure, temperature, and humidity as parameters; Positive result in...
- Quality on a shoestring. J.F.M. // Quality;May97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p84
No abstract available.
- Quality for cities. Sensenbrenner, J. // Nation's Business;Oct91, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p60
Studies the application of total-quality management at the municipal level. How total-quality management functions as pioneered by industrial consultant and statistician W. Edwards Deming; Case study of putting the techniques to practice in Madison, Wis.; Sample projects under the quality...
- Doing well what comes naturally. Barrier, Michael // Nation's Business;Sep92, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p25
Advises companies on how to develop Total Quality Management (TQM) programs. Principles of TQM; Case studies of firms that practice TQM; How TQM can vary according to a company's history. INSET: TQM seminars..
- How to get your TQM training on track. // Nation's Business;Oct92, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p24
Advises owners of small and midsized businesses on how to learn the skills of total quality management (TQM). Understanding what's involved; Building a friendly environment for TQM; Basic skills to cover in TQM training; Common mistakes to avoid; Getting outside help. INSET: TQM seminars..
- Export quality management. // International Trade Forum;1993, Issue 2, p33
Reports on the International Trade Centre UNCTAD/GATT's export quality management adviser's activities. Mission concerning quality requirements in the European Community for fresh fruits and vegetables imported from developing countries; Lecture on quality management systems in Santafe de...
- Deming chain reaction. Kiesow, Paul // Ceramic Industry;Sept95, Vol. 145 Issue 4, p21
Features the Deming chain reaction as basis for the theory that quality is the basis for improvement in product and service production. Need for managers to improve on quality; Forming employee teams responsible for developing revised standard operating procedures; Jointly assessing quality...
- Managing quality. Atkinson, Anthony A. // CMA Magazine;Mar1991, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the philosophy or approach to quality management dubbed Total Quality Control (TQC). Videos from the Encyclopedia Brittanica Co. Training Series which recommends an approach to TQC; Critical steps in the TQC process; Tools used to organize and analyze performance data; List of...
- A handle on quality costs. Morse, Wayne J. // CMA Magazine;Feb1993, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p21
Discusses Canadian organizations' use and measurement of quality cost concepts. Incursion of quality costs; Prevention, appraisal, internal failure and external failure as categories of quality costs; Accountants' involvement in quality cost measurement; Identification and elimination of...