- Is this the way to deal with complex VAT issues? // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p11
Describes the results of a survey conducted by the University of the West of England's Bristol Business School on how tax advisors and customs officers deals with value-added tax (VAT) issues. Opinion on the ability of customs officers in handling VAT issues; Conflict on customs visits; How the...
- REVISION ACTIVITIES FOR EXAM PREPARATION--Understanding the Connections. Barrile, Steve // Businessdate;Aug2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Presents activities that can help students gain an understanding of the connection and interrelationship between management concepts and ideas. Organization of business studies and business management courses; Terms used in an autocratic style of management.
- The best-laid plans. Syrett, Michel // Director;Nov97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p107
States that the flexible, task-specific ways of working have increased the need for project management skills. Project-based management as a universal trend; Effect of the increased use of outsourcing and integrated supplier and distributor relationships; List of courses offered by many British...
- Training roundup. // Personnel Today;3/25/2003, p4
Presents news items relate to training as of March 5, 2003. Extension of the NVQ scheme by the train operator First Great Western to cover 230 train managers; Award of the center of excellence status to Bristol Business School; Enrollment of free training for jobs in the construction industry.
- Procurement departments 'still acting alone'. Bradley, Anusha // Supply Management;3/2/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the results of a research study conducted by Bristol Business School on procurement departments in Great Britain. The study queried 171 procurement chiefs in 15 categories, including their role, spend influence, use of technology and communication with colleagues. Although...
- Northwood, ASTN team up. // Automotive News;2/7/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5537, p85
Reports on the joint offering of college credits toward an associate of arts degree in sales management by Automotive Satellite Network and Northwood University beginning September 1994. Conduction of courses by satellite from Midland, Michigan; Businesses and automotive courses to be offered.
- Integrating Production and Finance in the MBA Core Course. Emery, Gary W. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p55
Describes how to teach accounting, production and finance technique in an integrated context. Criticisms on management education programs; Effect of production policy on free cash flows and the use of discounted cash flow and option valuation; How to teach students to apply the techniques to...
- Conflict resolution as curriculum: A definition, description, and process for integration in core... Carruthers, William L.; Carruthers, Barbara J.B. // School Counselor;May96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p345
Addresses the consistency of conflict resolution (CR) curriculum with common definitions of curriculum, describes its contents and developmental nature and discusses a process for delivering a CR curriculum in schools in the United States. Content and nature of CR curricula; Instructional...
- Management Teaching Isn't Fun Any More. Stoever, William A. // Business Horizons;Jan/Feb87, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p85
Focuses on the impact of research and publication on management teaching in various business schools. Emphasis of faculty professors on publication; Consideration of research and publication as important functions of a university; Role of faculty in knowledge advancements of students.