- Requirements for cost-effective systems. Azimzadeh, Farhad; Koehn, Enno // AACE International Transactions;1997, following pVE&C.
Discusses various factors, main office and job site functions that should be considered in a cost-effective program. Use of a computer-based knowledge system; Training concerns; Procurement, communications, estimating and drafting; Functions affecting productivity at the job site.
- Constitutional and statutory limits for cost-benefit analysis pursuant to Executive Orders 12,291 and 12,498 // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Spring88, Vol. 15 Issue 3/4, p505
No abstract available.
- Cost function estimation under risk aversion. Pope, Roulon D.; Just, Richard E. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;May98, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p296
Focuses on approaches used to estimate cost function under risk aversion. Reference to the dual application of cost functions; Details on the application of cost functions in the agriculture industry; Methods used to determine the actual output of agricultural processes.
- Get help with cost cutting. // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jan/Feb95, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
Advises the use of cost-management firms in helping companies cut costs. Efficiency consultants listed in the Yellow Pages.
- Another year of cost cuts. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;01/06/97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p40
Reports that chief financial officers will continue to implement cost cutting measures in the health care industry in 1997. Types of services that will be abolished during the cost cutting plan; Impact of consolidations and mergers on the industry. INSET: Outlook 1997..
- Options for liming rivers to ameliorate acidity--a UK perspective Evans, D. M.; Gee, A. S.; Rogers, A. P.; Jenkins, M. J.; Weatherley, N. S. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Dec1995, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p1009
No abstract available.
- Cost-benefit analysis for welfare reform: Why is it... Wu, Jiyuan; Tracy, Stephen // South Dakota Business Review;Dec95, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p1
States that the cost benefit analysis (CBA) can help government and other private management adopt projects on an economic efficiency basis. Types of CBA's; Criteria for judging public project; Transfer of payments; More relevant information.
- The worm re-turns: hiding behavior of a tube-dwelling marine polychaete, Serpula vermicularis Dill, Lawrence M.; Fraser, Alex H. G. // Behavioral Ecology;Mar/Apr1997, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p186
The polychaete worm Serpula vermicularis (Serpulidae) filter feeds at the mouth of its calcareous tube, but retreats into the tube when startled by mechanical stimuli likely to be associated with predators.While in its tube, a worm is safe but cannot feed. Thus, hiding has a lost-opportunity...
- Explaining `political paint.' // New Hampshire Business Review;1/5/96, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
Presents information on `political paint,' a term which defines the practice of lacing a thin layer of paving mix over a great number of road miles, rather than undertaking permanent and expensive repairs. Examples; Political advantage to less cost efficient course of action; Findings by...