New protection for whistleblowers
- CIMA urges caution on whistleblowing. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p4
Reports that Public Interest Disclosure Act will give employees who speak out against workplace malpractice statutory protection against victimization and dismissal. View of Mark Hayward, head of the Professional Standards of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants; Conditions for...
- UK introduces far reaching law to protect whistleblowers. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/03/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7201, p7
Provides information on Great Britain's Public Interest Disclosure Act of 1998, a law which protects employees who disclose wrongdoing or malpractice at work. How the United States campaigners described the law; Remarks from British Department of Trade and Industry Minister Ian McCartney;...
- A bitter blow. // Works Management;Oct2000, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p17
Presents a court case on the disclosure of information in Great Britain. Efforts of an employee to disclose the expenses claims of the managing director; Dismissal of the employee for making a protected disclosure; Protection by the Public Interest Disclosure Act of 1999; Necessity of policy on...
- The truth will out. Williams, Audrey // People Management;5/20/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the Public Interest Disclosure Act of 1998 in Britain. Anticipated signing of the bill in law; Provisions of the bill concerning whistle blowers; Significance of the act. INSET: Legal checklist.
- The whistleblower's charter. Robert, Louis; Aubrey, Rhion // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Oct98, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p66
Examines the impact of the Public Interest Disclosure Act in Great Britain which aims to protect workers who reveal their employer's misconduct. Why accountants and solicitors do not qualify; Coverage of disclosures; Rights of a whistle blower.
- A sneaks charter for Whistleblowers. Exten-Wright, Jonathan // Credit Control;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Probes into the implication of the Public Interest Disclosure Act of 1998, or popularly known as the `Whistleblowers Bill', in Great Britain. Impact of the bill on employers; Individuals who are protected by the law; Concept of a protected disclosure.
- New protection for whistleblowers. Tiaki, Kai // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the Protected Disclosures Act which comes into effect on January 1, 2001 in New Zealand. Provisions of the legislation beneficial to whistleblowers; What prompted the passing of the legislation.
- IN FOCUS. // Employers Law;Dec2009/Jan2010, p9
This section offers news briefs related to the whistleblowing law in Great Britain. The whistleblowing legislation protects employees who disclose information on corporate flaws. The ruling made by the British Employment Appeal Tribunal on the case Cavendish Munro v. Geduld stated the acts of...
- Whistleblowers: how to stay one step ahead of the claim culture. Dias, Katee // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/28/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4782, p39
The article presents several guidelines in protecting one's business against whistleblowers. It states that an employee's disclosure must be qualifying and protected to cover the whistleblowing legislation. It notes to distinguish whistleblowing disclosure to avoid allegations from the employees...