TUC battles to beat the bullies
- Zero tolerance of bullies. Whettingsteel, Heidi; Moody, Maureen // Director (00123242);May99, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the issue of bullying in the workplace. Definition of bullying; Effects of bullying to the victim; Training video produced by the Industrial Society and the Trades Union Congress.
- Macho culture blamed for rise in workplace bullying. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p13
Discusses the issues of workplace bullying in Great Britain according to the Trades Union Congress (TUC). Information on the campaign of TUC against workplace bullying; Analysis of the workplace bullying issues.
- It's time to stand up to the bullies. // People Management;Dec2015, p6
The article focuses on a poll conducted by the Trade Union Congress (TUC) which revealed that bullying is among the main causes why employees quit their jobs.
- Employee relations. // People Management;12/5/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the business sector focusing on employee relations. Information on the survey conducted by the IPD regarding bully in the workplace; Information on the `organizers's academy' established by the Trades Union Congress (TUC) to train young people in workplace organization techniques.
- Employee Relations. // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p11
Presents news briefs related to employee relations in the United Kingdom as of August 1998. Status of talks between unions and management at Rover; Information on a campaign to be launched by Trades Union Congress to address workplace bullies.
- Put the bullies on the back foot. Randles, Tim // Employers Law;Dec2005, p14
The article focuses on workplace bullying. According to a survey, the most common reason for the failure to address workplace bullying was management's unwillingness to acknowledge the problem and the prevailing management style. To solve this problem, the Trades Union Congress released a new...
- IN BRIEF... // Community Practitioner;Nov2008, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p5
The article offers news briefs related to public health in Great Britain. A consultation on the National Framework for Assessing Children's Continuing Care has been launched by the British Department of Health. By April 2010, the prescription charges in Northern Ireland will be abolished. The...
- Union calls for law to stop bullying at work. Overell, Stephen // People Management;08/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p9
Reports that industry and services union MSF is drafting a bill to make bullying at work a crime. Employment team sympathetic to the idea of MSF; Country in the European Union with social policy against bullying.
- Workplace Bullying Is a Chronic Corporate Disease. // EHS Today;Nov2012, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p26
The article reports on the prevalence of workplace bullying in the U.S.