Children's Book Industry Hoping Harry Will Fuel Final Six Months of 2003
- A Summer Snapshot. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p30
Assesses the sales of children's books in the U.S. in summer 2003. Role of the launch of the book "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" in the overall sales of booksellers in the country; Factor which contributed to the slow business of booksellers in California; List of books which were...
- Harry Potter And The Translation Of The Bestseller. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p5
Reports that the Chinese translation of â€œHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,â€ which was published by Chinese publisher People's Publishing House, has broken very impressive sales in China. Total sales and number of copies sold on the first day of publication in September 2003;...
- Feat of Clays. // Printing World;5/19/2003, Vol. 282 Issue 6, p52
Discusses the controversy concerning the missing copies of the 'Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix.' Print process.
- Potter Set for June 21. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the preparation of booksellers, publishing houses and printers for the June 21, 2003 release of the book 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,' as of January 2003. Publishers appointed for the project; Design of the books; Impact on other books scheduled for release on or...
- Scholastic Reveals Paperback Plans. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1
Announces that New York-based publisher Scholastic Corp. will release the paperback version of J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix" on August 10, 2004. Suggested retail price of the book; Number of copies in the first printing of the book; Plans of the publisher to release the...
- Harry Potter and the Order of Green Paper. Rogozinski, Erin // Alternatives Journal (AJ) - Canada's Environmental Voice;Summer2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the impact of the publication of the book "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" on the publishing industry in Canada. Process of making ancient-forest-friendly paper; Effort for acid-free paper.
- Scholastic Revenue Up 14% In 2004 Fiscal Year; Flat Income. // Book Publishing Report;7/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the revenue posted by Scholastic Corp. for its fiscal fourth quarter of 2004. Comparison to its revenue during the same period in 2003; Impact of the release of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" on the performance of the publishing company; Plans of the company for fiscal...
- Pubs hope to cash in on magic. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;6/25/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 56, p1
Reports on the benefits of publishers from the sales of Scholastic's 'Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. Restoration of a slumping book trade; Total sales of the book in the first 24 hours.
- Is There a Harry Potter Effect? Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/23/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 25, p12
The book 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' was launched for sale in bookstores across the U.S. on Saturday, eagerly greeted by children and adults alike who pre-ordered more than one million copies on Internet retailer Amazon.com alone. But no one was more eager for its arrival than...