Barnes & Noble Learns to Speak EspaÃ±ol
- B&N to Open More Warehouses; May Supply Others. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;10/5/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 40, p13
Announces plans by Barnes & Noble to open new warehouses in Reno, Nevada and Atlanta, Georgia. Possible use of inventory by other booksellers and retailers; Planned number of titles to be stocked; How expansion parallels competitor Amazon.com.
- Retailer plot thickens. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;5/22/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p3
The article focuses on the business performance of book publishers and retailers of New York as the media universe is going digital rapidly. Barnes & Noble Inc., on this issue, says that some things never change, including book buyers' preference for a nice place to sit. In 2005, earnings from...
- Barnes & Noble Barnes & Noble Classics. // District Administration;Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p70
Promotes several books from Barnes & Noble Inc. Price quotation of the books.
- B&N Pushes New Writers Off 'Power Aisle' Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;4/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the plan of Barnes & Noble (B&N) to move its Discover New Writers display off the front racks of many stores in the U.S. at the of May 2005. Concerns of the book industry on the plan of the bookstore; Importance of the merchandising strategy to B&N superstores; Views of independent...
- Barnes & Noble Reports Strong Holiday Sales. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the profits and earnings of Barnes & Noble Inc.'s bookstores during the 2003 holiday season.
- Riggio Vows Aggressive B&N Publishing Push. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 35, p10
Unveils the publishing plans of Barnes & Noble for Fall 2003. Significance of the plans to the company; Books to be published by the company; Views of Steve Riggio, CEO of the company, on the plans.
- Clinton Tour Upsets Booksellers. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 37, p7
Reports on the reaction of independent booksellers to a book tour by former U.S. president Bill Clinton to Barnes & Noble Inc. (B&N) outlets in September 2004. Use of the B&N corporate jet during the tour; Concerns of booksellers on the financial involvement of B&N; Disappointment of Vivien...
- Net Pricing: Is It Time to Take Prices off Book Covers? Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 34, p9
The article discusses how some booksellers are advocating for publishers to stop printing suggested retail prices on books and instead allow net pricing, which gives bookstores the power to set their own prices. Topics include the impact of net pricing on local market conditions and discounting,...
- Broadway's newest hit. Michener, Charles // New York;8/9/93, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p46
Features Barnes & Noble's bookstore at Broadway and West 82nd Street in New York City. Superstore as the salvation of literacy or scourge of individualism; Example of `the Wal-Martization of America'; Book chains Crown Books, Waldenbooks and Borders as competition; Threat to independent...