Madonna's The English Roses Scales Children's Book Charts
- 'The English Roses' Off to Fast Start. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;9/22/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the launching of the picture book "The English Roses," by Madonna, on September 15, 2003. Overview of the book; Deal forged by Callaway Editions for the distribution of the book; Market performance of the book.
- Scholastic Expands Further Into Spanish Market. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;9/15/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 37, p16
Reveals the plans of Scholastic Inc. to launch a Spanish-language imprint in September 2003 as part of its strategy to expand into the Spanish market. Goal of the Spanish-language imprint; Target date for the release of Madonna's first children's book "The English Roses" under the imprint;...
- Bedtime Story. Schwartz, Missy; Miller, Nancy // Entertainment Weekly;9/26/2003, Issue 730, p18
Reports on the launch of the children's book "The English Roses," written by Madonna.
- The Latin touch. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 244 Issue 35, pS4
Considers publishing trends in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Mexico as of 1997. Argentina's position as the first real publishing center of South America and its apparent return from decades of economic turmoil; Details of the book market in Brazil; Depression of Colombian publishing...
- The Polish Bookmarket. Golebiewski, Lukas // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p56
Describes the changes in the publishing and bookselling industries in Poland as of December 2001. Cause of the disintegration and dispersion of book distribution network; Consequences of contracts commissioning the distribution of books in the market; Reasons for the decline in total book...
- In the Works. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p12
Informs on upcoming book titles in Canada and elsewhere. 'Till You Drop,' by Jessica Johnson; 'The House Is Also a Home: An Engaging Look at Curling in Canada,' by Doug Clark; Japanese rights to David Kuhl's 'What Dying People Want'; 'The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum,' by Kim Izzo and Ceri...
- What a Shelf Life! // Scholastic Scope;2/16/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the top 150 best-selling books released by the publication "USA Today" in the U.S.
- `With a little help from my friends': Training and education of professional booksellers and... Grunhagen, Hein H. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p52
Describes the training centers of booksellers and publishers in the Netherlands. Development of curriculum; Job profiles.
- Bookbytes. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p17
Reports on several book deals. Hyperion executive Will Schwalbe's book advance to female sea captain Linda Greenlaw; Writer James W. Hall's rumored three-book deal; Broadway's two-book deal with Frances Mayes; Others.