Flush With Success
- Nevada Issuing $115 Million in GOs for Local Water, Sewer Projects. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p6
Reports on the sale of Nevada's limited-tax general obligation bonds for water and sewer projects. Benefits of the deal for local governments; Citation of the Safe Drinking Water Act; Issuance of the bonds to the public.
- VIRGINIA: Fitch Upgrades CCRC to A. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/5/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33512, p7
The article reports on the upgrade of bonds by Fitch Ratings Ltd. that are issued for Greenspring Village Inc., a continuing-care retirement community in Springfield, Virginia, to A from BBB-plus.
- Council Rejects Bond Money. // Parks & Recreation;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the decision of council members of Wellington Village in Palm Beach, Florida to reject a recreation and cultural bond because the villagers do not want to allow non-residents to use their park without paying a fee. Intention of Wellington officials for introducing an entrance fee to...
- S&P Likes Saltaire. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33100, p9
The article reports on the improved bond rating given by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. to the village of Saltaire in Fire Island, New York. S&P has moved the ratings for the village of Saltaire, currently having a bond rating of A-plus from BBB-plus. S&P reveals that its stable outlook...
- Detroit's Big Water Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p1
This article informs that the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department plans to return to the market this month to issue as much as $880 million of new money and refunding bonds that will carry an improved credit outlook from some rating analysts despite concerns about the system's growing debt....
- IRS Agent: CDD Deal Perverts' Florida Law. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;2/24/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33068, p1
The article reports that Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agent has warned that the issuance of recreation revenue bonds by the Village Center Community Development District (CDD) breaches the law of Florida. The IRS agent Dominick Servadio Jr. stated that the CDD has violated the law by allowing...
- Nicole Tung: Gilgit Election. Tung, Nicole // BAGnewsNotes;5/20/2010, p3
A photograph of the Village of Khaplu in Gilgit, Pakistan, is presented.
- Weekending: searsport, maine. Willis, Monica Michael; Waller, Kim // Country Living;Aug2005, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p18
Presents information about Searsport village in Maine.
- A new home, a new life. Ola-Davies, George // UNESCO Sources;May96, Issue 79, p22
Reports on the Nelson Mandela Peace Village project of the Rwandan Women's Solidarity Association (ASOFERWA). Background information; Area; Estimated costs; Moral aspects; Plans and expectations.