Tax-Exempt Funds Shed $2.71 Billion as Investors Pay Their Taxes
- Cash flow into tax-exempts brings `obscene' yield levels, fund managers say. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30331, p6
Reports on the performance of money market funds in the United States during the first week of February 1998. Cash flow into tax-exempt money funds; Decline in yields on daily notes; Weekly yields; Analysts' assessments of the market.
- Two Weeks of Positive Inflows Add $6 Billion to Tax-Exempt Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p6
Reports that tax-exempt money market funds in the United States turned in positive cash flow for the two weeks ending May 15, 2001. Vigilance of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board in battling economic weakness by cutting short-term rates by half a point; Benefits for money market fund managers...
- Turmoil in Equities Led to Lighter Than Usual Tax-Day Outflows, Managers Say. Fine, Jacob; Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;04/24/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30876, p8
Reports on the decrease in outflows from tax-exempt money market funds due to the volatility in the United States equity market. Statistics on tax free money market fund assets; Movement of money from stock to money funds; Comments from portfolio managers.
- Tax-Exempt Money Funds Lose a Mere $252.5 Million in Latest Week. Albano, Christine // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/8/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p11
The article reports that 252.5 million U.S. dollars were pulled out by investors in the tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S. in the week ended April 4, 2011.
- Tax-Exempts Hit Record High of$315.64B. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p6
Reports on the increase in the tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S.
- ROC & ROL: Greater Issuance of Puttable Instruments Seen. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/17/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31058, p7
Reports on projected increase in the issuance of puttable synthetic derivatives in 2001. Result of growing popularity of money market funds and the dearth of short-term, tax-exempt paper; Creation and sale of secondary market municipal derivatives; Analysts' projections about so-called ROCs and...
- Money markets: Worth another look. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;11/18/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 22, p24
Reports on the investment of money market funds in short-term securities in the U.S. Minimal risk of default associated for these securities; Keeping of net asset value of shares to maintain the stable value of money; Consideration of taxable or tax-exempt account before investing in a...
- Tax-Exempts See Small Inflow of $83 Million. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32904, p7
The article reports on the growth in the tax-exempt money market funds despite of the slowdown of inflows in the U.S. market in the second week of June 2008. A report from iMoneyNet.com shows that the weekly tax-exempt money market funds continuously moved upward, although the inflows are lower...
- Tax-Exempts See Outflows of $7.8 Billion. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p7
The article reports that the U.S. tax-exempt money market funds experienced outflows of $7.81 billion and slipped below the previous week's record high asset growth during the week ending August 25, 2008. These outflows caused the assets in 553 tax-exempt and municipal funds to dip to $520.56...