Louisiana Bond Commission OKs Over $430 Million in Debt
- Salt River BABs Ahead. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33386, p1
The article reports that the Salt River Agricultural Improvement and Power District (SALT) will issue its first Build America Bonds (BAB) as part of the 750 million dollars deal in Arizona. It mentions that Goldman Sachs & Co. will be the senior underwriter of the deal with Morgan Stanley,...
- Utah's Intermountain Power Plans $72M Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/22/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33204, p4
The article reports on the plan of Utah Intermountain Power Agency to sell about 72 million dollars of subordinated revenue bonds. The author mentions that the new issue will refinance 1998 and 1999 Series A bonds of the agency. He also reveals that George K. Baum & Co. will act as financial...
- Tennessee Aims to Boost Savings Threshold for Refunding. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/13/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33662, p5
The article reports on the plan of the state officials in Tennessee to increase savings threshold for refinancing by selling 385 million dollars worth of general obligation refunding bonds.
- Merger Plan for N.J. Agencies Promises to Be a Bumpy Ride. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p3
Reports on the issues concerning on the merger of New Jersey Turnpike Authority, New Jersey Highway Authority and South Jersey Highway Authority to increase bond refunding opportunities. Need for the consent of bondholders; Identification of debt qualifying for tax-exempt; Total outstanding debt.
- Louisiana Bond Agency OKs $500M-Plus in Issuance. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p3
Reports the approval of the State Bond Commission for the Public Facilities Authority to sell revenue and refunding bonds in Louisiana. Resolution approved by the commission to select bond counsel for the state; Bond counsel firms considered by the government; Purpose of the bonds to build...
- Arizona Agency Aims to Refund $177M of Football Stadium Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/1/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33706, p8
The article reports on the financial assistance of the Arizona Sports Tourism Authority to the University of Phoenix Stadium to recover some grounds lost to the recession. The agency sheds variable-rate bonds and seeks savings with a refunding of debt issued to finance the stadium. It refunds...
- Michigan State Building Authority Pulls $976M Sale From Day-to-Day Calendar. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/9/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32729, p38
The article reports that the Michigan State Building Authority removed its $976 million sale of refunding bonds from its daily calendar on the first week of October 2007. It was originally set to price in the middle part of August but the increased interest rates cut into the expected savings...
- South Carolina Tobacco Authority Set to Issue $300M of Refunding Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/19/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32903, p6
The article reports on the plan of the South Carolina Tobacco Settlement Revenue Management Authority to sell nearly $300 million of refunding debt on June 20, 2008. The proposed bond sale is partly structured to save the state money and is expected to reach $298.3 million in sales. The public...
- Toll road agency in Orange County plans big refunding. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p28
Reports that the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency is planning to sell $1.4 billion of refundings in a negotiated deal at the end of September 1997. Smith Barney Inc. as the underwriting syndicate; Aim to lower the debt interest rate by 1.5 percent.