California to Kick Off Big Tobacco Sale
- Fitch Drops 98 of 250 Tobacco Ratings. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;8/2/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33558, p5
The article presents the investment-grade ratings of tobacco bonds in the U.S. by Fitch Ratings Ltd. as part of its annual sector review amid continued consumption declines by smokers and a dispute between the companies and states on diminishing annual payments. The rating agency states that it...
- With Higher Yields, Calif. Tobacco Sells. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32583, p1
The article reports on the sale of California-based Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.'s tobacco bonds worth of $4.5 billion that is found to be a strong market support even though after extra yield was provided during the initial pricing. As claimed, despite the repricing, still the deal...
- All Eyes on Tobacco Deal. Hanson, Matthew; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p1
The article reports on the retail order period for California's 4.5 billion dollar tobacco bond sale. Sources from around the municipal bond market are expecting to see additional yield tacked on when the debt is priced for institutional investors. The response of the bond market to the Golden...
- Yields Fall 3 to 4 Basis Points; $2.6B Tobacco Offering Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports on the trading of tobacco settlement asset-backed bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization in Corp. in California. Flexibility of the exchange rates; Escalation of treasury bonds; Enthusiasm of the traders for rate swap.
- States Seeking Extra Ingredient To Sweeten Tobacco Bond Blends. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p1
Focuses on the sale of bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. Percentage yield on the bonds that were higher than similarly rated bonds; Mutual funds that have been the dominant buyers of tobacco bonds; Multi-billion dollar tobacco bonds issued in 2002.
- Municipals Gain as Treasuries Rally; California Tobacco Hits Secondary. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p2
Reports on the business strategies of bond markets in California on January 17, 2003. Increase in rates of municipal bonds by the sale of tobacco bonds; Reasons for increase in trade gap; Increment in the bond assets of Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.
- Far West. Cohen, Jackie; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32322, p28
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds issued in the Far West in 2005. Issuers of the region has sold about 81.1 billion dollar in debt. Refunding serves as the biggest deal wherein the top spot went to a 3.1 billion dollar offering from the Golden State Tobacco...
- California Decides the Time Is Right For Super-Sized Tobacco Refinancing. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/31/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32558, p31
The article focuses on the proposed refinancing of California's unenhanced tobacco securitization bonds on February 22, 2007. The proposal will refinance the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.'s $2.6 billion of Series 2003A bonds. The refinancing was proposed in 2006 by governor Arnold...
- Teetering California Helps Tip Region Into Record New-Issue Territory. Williams, Rochelle; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p64
Focuses on the sold general obligation debt in 2003 in the Far West states. Amount of tobacco bonds sold by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Total bond issues in California; Increase in debt sales of Alaska.