Baby Steps for Euro Private Equity
- Advent Targeting Payment Processors. Holman, Kelly // American Banker;4/27/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 64, p7
The article reports that the private-equity firm Advent International has changed its initial plan of investing in troubled banks to focus on banks' transaction processing businesses. According to the article, the firm's interest in payment processing businesses is linked to the expectation that...
- Advent Raises Fifth Latin Fund. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/19/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p21
The article reports on the decision of Advent International to raise Latin American Private Equity Fund V in an effort to make deals in Latin America, which only shows that the private equity is willing to consider riskier moves.
- Gartmore tries a new tack, sets up a separate private
equity business. Seeder, Benjamin // Pensions & Investments;9/29/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p2
Gartmore Investment Management PLC, once one of Britain's so-called "big four" money managers, is to set up a separate private equity business in a move that's seen as yet another shift from its classic balanced-fund roots, as of September 29, 2003. Gartmore, which was bought in 2000 by...
- Today's Transactions: Advent International Closes $10.8B Fund. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/19/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p2
The article reports that Advent International has closed its seventh fund Advent International GPE VII LP with 10.8 billion dollars in commitments and which will partner with management teams to grow revenue earnings of firms in North America and Western Europe.
- Advent Banks on Electronic Payments. Holman, Kelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/23/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 15, p17
The article reports on the transaction shifting of Advent International Corp. in Boston, Massachusetts. It notes that the firm's shift from bank investment to transaction processing is due to its impression that the electronic transaction industry will benefit from consumer and corporate...
- Advent International Raises $570Mn for First PE Fund in Japan. // EmergingMarketsNOW;9/12/2008, p6
The article reports on the raising of a private equity (PE) fund by Advent International, a PE investment firm with headquarters in Boston, Massachusettes. This is the first PE fund focused on Japan by Advent Japan Private Equity Fund (JPEF) and will be invested in companies with enterprise...
- Advent Invests in Latin American Loyalty Program after Closing Region-Specific PE Fund. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/13/2015, p2
The article reports that private equity firm Advent International will purchase a 30 percent stake in airline loyalty plan LifeMiles BV, a subsidiary of Avianca Holdings SA.
- Advent Raises Japan Fund. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/15/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 35, p15
The article reports on the Advent Japan Private Equity Fund developed by equity firm Advent International Corp. in the U.S. The firm has closed $550 million for its Japan-focused private equity fund and gained several investors and limited partners. According to managing partner John Singer, the...
- PRIVATE EQUITY INFORMATION PROFESSIONALS MEET IN LONDON. Whittington, Jan // BF Bulletin;Fall2004, Issue 127, p53
The article presents information on the inaugural meeting of information professionals in private equity (PE) and venture capital, which was held on June 15, 2004. Representatives from leading private equity firms met at offices of Advent International Corp. in London, England. The premise...