The Battle Over Specialty Hospitals
- Chicago's top physicians' organizations. Ramirez, Cecilia; Tresness, Melissa // Crain's Chicago Business;1996 Top Business Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p139
Presents statistical information on Chicago's top physicians' organizations ranked by number of physicians.
- PHOs young, but growing fast. // CPA Journal;May95, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the findings of the survey about the strategic objectives and operational characteristics of 189 physician-hospital organization (PHO) in the United States. Alliance of physicians and hospitals for sharing administrative duties and improving relationship with payers; Determinants of...
- Developing a super PHO. Jennings, Marian C. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep95, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p24
Discusses the development of a super physician-hospital organization (PHO) in the United States. Definition of a PHO; Reasons for forming a PHO; Factors for the success of a PHO.
- Physician-hospital organizations go on the offensive to... Edlin, Mari // Managed Healthcare;Jul98, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on the physician-hospital organizations (PHO). Reactions to the PHO; Reason behind the development of PHO; How PHOs are funded.
- Pa. proposes regulations to license risk-bearing PHOs. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the proposed regulations by Pennsylvania to license risk-bearing physician-hospital organizations (PHO). Remarks by Stephen Male, director of Pennsylvania health department's healthcare financing bureau; Survey by Ernst & Young on PHOs; Regulations being considered in Pennsylvania. ...
- Survey: PHOs a popular managed-care strategy. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;2/5/96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the use of physician-hospital organizations (PHO) to package services for managed care in the United States. Increase in the portion of hospitals that sponsor PHOs in 1995.
- Buying doc practices often leads to red ink. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;6/03/96, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p39
Looks at the challenges in the management of physician practices by hospitals. Hospital administrators' lack of awareness of the cultural and operation disparities between hospitals and physician practices; Financial losses in hospitals which have bought up physician practices; Strategies in...
- Increasing the marketability and recognition of provider network joint ventures. Sjobeck, Sally J. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug98, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p73
Focuses on the marketability and recognition of healthcare provider network joint ventures in the United States. Effects of the Federal government revised antitrust guidelines on the provider network joint ventures; National Committee for Quality Assurance activities; State and Federal consumer...
- Market dominance of PHO entities is key to achieving PHO success. Kaufman, Nathan S. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug98, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p78
Focuses on the effects of hospital-physician integration on the ability of healthcare organizations to succeed in the United States. Institutional dominance on markets; Physician group consolidation; Nature of hospital-physician partnership; Practice management fees; Hospital mergers.