Less Long-Term In the Short Term?
- Bank Bonds Outperform As Balance Sheets Improve. // American Banker;7/12/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 107, p16
The article discusses the bank bonds market, noting the 8.1 percent returns on Bank of America and Lloyds Banking Group's dollar-dominated bank notes since the end of 2011 and also noting the cost of protecting corporate debt from default in the U.S.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p6
Presents statistics about the bond market as of June 24, 2003 in the United States. Variation in Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index during May 2002-April 2003; Comparison of swap rates and bond yields.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Saska, Rich; Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;2/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32064, p29
The article presents several briefs on far west bond market. The first deep-draft, ocean-going ship docked this week at Port MacKenzie. The arrival Monday of the Keoyang Majesty, which was to spend the week loading a shipment of birch chips for South Korea, marks a bond-financed milestone for...
- Corporate bond market shrugs off Brazilian crisis. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/18/99, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p10
Discusses the impact of the Brazilian currency devaluation on United States companies seeking to raise money in the corporate bond market. Questions raised over the lack of issuers in the market in February 1999; Deal postponed as a direct result of market fluctuations; Interest rates in the...
- Telecom Debt Makes Waves. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p22
Reports the increase in the supply of telecommunication debt issues in the European corporate bond market. Possible effect of the heavy supply; Increase in thirty-year supply of European telecommunication companies.
- Against The Grain: SCM Ups Its HY Bond Exposure. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;11/3/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the increase of bond exposure by SCM Advisors in San Francisco, California, despite the current financial turmoil. The company is increasing its high yield and high grade bond holdings by about 3% in two of its portfolios. According to Robert Bishop, a portfolio manager...
- Southeast 1st-Half Refundings More Than Double to $13.7B. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32194, p1
Reports that favorable market conditions drove Southeastern issuers to the bond market in the first half, with the volume of refundings in the region more than doubling from the same period last 2004 in Bradenton, Florida. Value of refinancing made by Southern issuers in financing the increase...
- Muni Prices Slip as N.Y. Thruway Deal Dominates Primary Market. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p2
Focuses on the slowdown of secondary market activity which influenced the municipal bond prices in the United States during the week of August 18, 2005. Improvement of the yields of tax-exempt bonds; Losses of the treasuries from the higher than expected producer prices.
- Dissecting Fitch's Report on Financial Guaranty Sector. Uhlein, John W. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33501, p25
In this article, the author discusses the report from Fitch Ratings Ltd. titled "Financial Guaranty- Revisited," which offers musings on the state of the financial guaranty industry in the U.S. He agrees with the statement of Fitch that the financial guarantors can offer value in the market and...