Cat Bonds: Quick Fall, Then Recovery
- CAT bond growth turns focus to risk models. Quinn, Lawrence Richter // Private Placement Letter;01/04/99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Offers information on catastrophe bond models in the United States. Predictions on the model; Loss projections of the model; Details on other bond issues in the market.
- Cheap Reinsurance To Minimize CAT Bonds. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;03/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the condition of catastrophe bond industry in the United States. Status of reinsurance premiums; Prediction on the performance of reinsurance premiums in 1999; Details on the catastrophe bond market.
- Cat bond funk. Quinn, Lawrence Richter // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p16
Reports on measures taken to revive the catastrophe (CAT) bond market. Features of French reinsurer Sorema SA's CAT bond offering; Role and economics of CAT bonds; List of issuances between May 1996 and May 1999; Factors expected to drive up demand for the bonds; Discovery of other uses for CAT...
- Advance Disaster Relief. Buff, Joseph J. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb99, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p58
Provides information on catastrophe bonds. Fundamental questions to consider with regards to the bonds; Information on the secondary market for the bonds; Two layers of a catastrophe bond.
- Catastrophe Bonds. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on catastrophe bonds, high-yield, insurance-backed bonds that contain a provision causing interest and or principal payments to be delayed or lost in the event of a loss due to a specified catastrophe. Volatility; Liquidity.
- Cat bond buyers see risks as part of landscape. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;04/09/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p20
Discusses the views of catastrophe bond buyers regarding risk-linked securities. Opinions of investors with regards to the developing market for transferring insurance risk into the capital markets; Overview on the means by which investors are expected to react when a loss hits a catastrophe...
- Advance Disaster Relief. Buff, Joseph J. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Feb99, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p65
Focuses on the market growth of publicly offered catastrophe bonds. Important questions to consider regarding catastrophe bonds; Information on some catastrophe bond structures; Deals in the earliest days of catastrophe-bond market.
- PCS castastrophe options. // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p63
Presents statistical information on catastrophe bond options as of March 31, 1998, in the United States. Bidding prices; Total volume of options; Identification of the regions.
- How much is that cat bond? Whitney, Sally // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Apr99, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p77
Reports on the factors affecting pricing of catastrophe-insurance bonds in the United States. Purpose of creating catastrophe bonds; Trading of catastrophe bonds; Determination of the expected loss to a transaction; Effects of diversification on bond pricing.