- Morgan on slippery market slope. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Reports on a decline in the investment banking market share of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and Co. in 2000. Position among underwriters for all equity offerings in the fourth quarter of 2000; Earnings in the fiscal fourth quarter ended November 30, 2000; Questions about the wisdom of the merger...
- Morgan Stanley's Outlook Appears Weak to Wall St. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;5/4/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 86, p20
Reports on the uncertainty over investment bank Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.'s ability to meet its 2001 second-quarter earnings per share estimate in light of the spring season's market slump. Expectation of some weakness on the retail side of the business; Performance of bank stocks on May...
- Morgan Stanley to cut 1,600 jobs globally. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;1/10/2013, p16
The article reports on the financial services firm Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. to layoff 1,600 jobs in its investment banking business.
- Morgan Stanley to Lend From Its Balance Sheet. Sherman, Jay // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p9
Reports the competition of investment bank Morgan Stanley with commercial banks in New York, New York. Pressures provided by commercial banks; Establishment of investment-grade loans; Role of chairman Philip Purcell in preserving relationships with corporate clients.
- Arthritis Foudation to honor Grasso. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/95, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p13
Reports that Richard Grasso, chairman of the New York Stock Exchange has been named honoree of the 12th Annual Theatre Party to benefit the Arthritis Foundation. Comments from Leslie Quick, president of Quick & Reilly Group; Grasso's history.
- Morgan Stanley Gets 3Q Lift From Investment Banking . WEIL, DAN // American Banker;9/23/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 183, p4
Focuses on the increased profits recorded by Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. for the third quarter of 1999 attributed to the firm's investment banking business. Percentage of return on equity according to firm officials; Value of merger deals undertaken by the company for the period.
- Europe Proves Fertile For Merger Activity: $1.2 Trillion in 1Q. MANDARO, LAURA // American Banker;4/6/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 67, p4
Reports on the outcome of the decision of United States investment banks to shift merger and acquisition (M&A) employees to Europe in the first quarter of 2000. Surge in M&A transactions as compared to 1999 figures; Propelling of Time Warner investment adviser Morgan Stanley Dean Witter to the...
- MORGAN STANLEY EARNS $1.2 BILLION. // National Mortgage News;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p20
Reports on the financial performance of investment bank Morgan Stanley in its first fiscal quarter ending May 31, 2004.
- Morgan Stanley Settles With Massachusetts Localities. Kaske, Michelle; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/8/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32936, p25
The article reports that Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. will pay $1.5 million to two municipalities in Massachusetts. It is related to the auction-rate securities that the investment bank sold to the municipalities of New Bedford and Hopkinton. Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. will also identify all of its...