- The Fate of the State in Florida. Jumonville, Neil // Academe;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the financial challenges being faced by state universities in Florida. A rally was held by students and faculty from Florida State University and Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University calling for additional funding. The problem was caused by the state's policy of...
- Case Study of Erin Using the FSU Nested Regional Spectral Model. Cocke, S. // Monthly Weather Review;May98, Vol. 126 Issue 5, p1337
A case study of Hurricane Erin of the 1995 storm season is presented using the recently developed Florida State University (FSU) Nested Regional Spectral Model. The nested regional spectral model uses a perturbation technique similar to that used in the National Centers for Environmental...
- Follow-up of graduates of an orientation and mobility preparation program. Jones, Gideon // Re:View;Fall93, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p131
Discusses results of a grant which was awarded to Florida State University (FSU) in September 1966 to train orientation and mobility instructors. Funding agent; Course work in visual disabilities and special education; The Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and...
- Worseness hall of shame. // Ardell Wellness Report;Spring93, Issue 31, p7
Announces that the winner for the Worseness Hall of Shame goes to the parents of a college student who are suing the Florida State University for $8 million for the death of their daughter. Negligence issue.
- Economics lesson for MIT. Anderson, C. // Nature;8/30/1990, Vol. 346 Issue 6287, p786
Reports on the role a $58-million matching offer from the state of Florida played in the decision of the National Science Foundation (NSF) to award a magnetic lab to Florida State University rather than the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- The undoing of a demise. Barnhart, Tony // Sporting News;9/30/96, Vol. 220 Issue 40, p48
Comments on the winning performance of the Florida State University football team in 1996. Florida Gators' victory over Tennessee; Performance of the team's offensive and defensive lineups; Performance of key players.
- Florida State's problem is DePaul's solution. DeCourcy, Mike // Sporting News;06/23/97, Vol. 221 Issue 25, p46
Focuses on Florida State University basketball team Blue Demons' decision to hire coach Pat Kennedy instead of Joey Meyer. Comparison of the win-loss record of the two candidates; Pressure from fans and peers; Shaky future on Kennedy's part; Advantage of Kennedy over Meyer.
- One giant step. Jenkins, Sally // Sports Illustrated;10/18/93, Vol. 79 Issue 16, p52
States that Florida State's win over Miami in 1993 is only one small stop on the way to a national championship. Their November 13th 1993 matchup with Notre Dame; Play of quarterback Charlie Ward; Frank Costa; Weaknesses shown by the Seminoles; More.
- Wide left. Reilly, Rick // Sports Illustrated;1/10/94, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p16
Reports that Florida State claimed the national college football title with a win over Nebraska. The view that perhaps no team should have won this honor in 1993; Differences in the football polls; Possible reasons why Florida State, Notre Dame or Auburn should have been named national...