Senate Finance Committee OKs Five-Month Highway Funding Extension
- House bill would extend highway funding through May 2015. Vise, Avery // Fleet Owner Blog;7/ 9/2014, p8
The article reports on the U.S. House bill (H.R. 5021) that would extend the authorization of highway funding through May 31, 2015, which will be considered by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee on July 10, 2014. It mentions that the legislation was introduced by U.S. Committee Chairman...
- Finance panel eyes relief for providers. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;09/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p6
Unveils that the United States Senate Finance Committee will begin working on Medicare reform legislation that will increase payments to home health agencies, nursing homes and hospital outpatient departments. Funding for the changes to Medicare payment policies; What the reform bill includes.
- Senate Finance ok's sweeping bill on trade. Owens, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/22/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 15, p2
Provides information on the trade bill Africa Growth and Opportunity Act passed by the United States Senate Finance Committee. Trade issues emphasized in the bill; Provisions of the trade bill; Implication of the bill on apparel trade.
- Riders Drown Bill, But Proposed Cap, Credit Hikes Live. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's postponement of action of community renewal legislation. Increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit; Provisions of the legislation.
- Senate Finance Committee Votes $8.5 Billion Tax Bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/21/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30752, p4
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's approval of an 8.5 billion dollar tax bill. Extension of several expiring business- and personal-tax provisions through the end of 2000; Absence of changes on the rules governing tax-exempt bonds; Provisions of the bill.
- News breaks. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/23/1995, Vol. 147 Issue 17, p21
Reports on a proposed commercial aeronautics legislation by the US Senate Finance Committee that is expected to impact the airlines industry in the United States.
- The man who would be chairman. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;08/14/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p34
Focuses on the possibility for Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa to head the United States Senate Finance Committee. Comments from Grassley; Contributions of Grassley to Iowa's medical services; Career background of Grassley.
- Affordable Footwear Act Back on Table. ELLIS, KRISTI // FN: Footwear News;5/17/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 18, p6
The article reports that the group of U.S. senators and House lawmakers are urging the Senate Finance Committee to include the Affordable Footwear Act, which would eliminate duties on certain types of lower-priced and children's footwear in the jobs bill, expected to come up soon.
- Dems act fast on bioterrorism funds. Gardner, Jonathan; Lovern, Ed // Modern Healthcare;11/12/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p8
Reports on the passage of an economic recovery bill providing bioterrorism funding by the United States Senate Finance Committee in November 2001. Amount proposed to prevent bioterrorism; Overview of the bill; Details of the subsidy program for laid off workers provided by the legislation.