- No-so-nice splice. Tedesco, Joe // CEE News;Apr2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p36
Reports the National Electrical Code violations of the grounded conductor connection on an open junction box in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Location of the grounded conductor; Description on the position of the wires; Specifications on the violations of the grounded conductor.
- N.Y. needs more electric power, not regulation. Pratt, Charles M. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/13/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p57A
Discusses similar elements in the energy markets of California and New York. Inclusion of utilities' divestiture of their generating facilities; Formation of independent system operators to administer the electric power markets; Formal rules and institutional practices that make it difficult...
- Increasing rationalisation between German utilities. Esser, Claudia; Kraus, Michael // Modern Power Systems;Aug95 Supplement Germany, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the government deregulation, liberalization and restructuring of electric utilities in Germany. Government energy policy; Regulation of electric generation; Corporate ownership patterns for electric utilities; Interconnected utility companies; Key challenges facing the electric...
- Clinton unveils national electric restructuring plan. Gegwich, Grant // Energy User News;May98, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the release of a restructuring plan for the electricity industry in the United States (US), by the administration of President Bill Clinton. How the proposed plan should function; Information on the Comprehensive Electricity Competition Plan; Statements from Secretary of Energy...
- California cuts its electric bill. Lenssen, Nicholas // World Watch;Jan/Feb1991, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p5
No abstract available.
- Small players to get extra help with NETA. // European Power News;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the British government's introduction of consultation measures to help smaller power generators operate under the New Electricity Trading Arrangements (NETA). Proposal of a risk-reducing package; Ofgem report on the first three months of NETA; Concerns by the Combined Heat and Power...
- Implications for utilities of the National Energy Policy Act and other developments. Radin, Alex // Management Quarterly;Fall93, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p2
Discusses the restructuring of the electric utility industry and the need for utilities to be flexible. Adapting to a changing environment; Revisions to the Public Utility Holding Company Act (PUHCA); National Energy Policy Act of 1992; Deregularizing electric utility industry; Growth of...
- The changing electric utility environment. Elia, Vincent // Economic Development Review;Summer96, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the changing electric utility environment in the United States. Utilities operation under government regulation; National Energy Policy Act of 1992; Effect of West Coast proposal on electric industry.
- Finland: Looking to a common Nordic electricity exchange. Mykkanen, Timo // Modern Power Systems;May96 Supplement Scandinavia, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p25
Reports on the slated operation of Finland's own electric power trading system by summer 1996. Plans to join the Norway-Sweden power exchange system by early 1997; Legislation of energy generation and distribution; Trading with standardized electricity futures; Integration of the Nordic...