- Partnership cuts Greenfield Village reconstruction costs. Bailey, Laura; Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;6/17/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p33
Reports on the price reduction of the costs of rebuilding Henry Ford Museum's underground infrastructure through the partnership with statewide construction business organization in Detroit, Michigan. Identification of cost-cutting measures for construction; Amount of infrastructure expenses;...
- Childhood museum begins new life. // Building Design;12/6/2002, Issue 1559, p2
Reports on the expansion plan for the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood in London, England. Repair of the leaky roof; Improvement on the circulation and displays for the exhibit; Creation of the entrance foyer.
- Boston MFA Expansion Plans Unveiled. Ebony, David // Art in America;Apr2002, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p31
Reports the plans for expansion and renovation project of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, Massachusetts. Description of the planned scheme of architect Norman Foster; Integration of the original 1909 beaux-Arts style building; Features of the building.
- Appropriately polished. Filler, Martin // House Beautiful;Oct96, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p70
Reports the reopening of US National Design Museum, the Cooper-Hewitt in Manhattan after its major remodelling. Contribution of Dianne H. Pilgrim, Cooper-Hewitt design director, on Cooper-Hewitt renovation project; Inaugural exhibition events of Cooper-Hewitt; Influences of Cooper-Hewitt to the...
- Science treasure find a new home. Wilson, Jim // Popular Mechanics;Jan98, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p20
Looks at the renovation of the National Museum of Technology of France. Relocations of museum exhibits; Historic items included in the collections.
- Museums aren't what they used to be. // Christian Science Monitor;5/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 123, p14
Reports on the changes that have come about in the present day museums. Examples cited; Advantages of such renovations.
- Museum reopens next week. // Corridor Business Journal;7/9/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p7
The article reports that the National Czeck and Slovak Museum and Library will reopen on July 14 and 15, 2012, after it was damaged in the 2008 flood.
- GENERAL TILGHMAN'S PLACE. Witt, Kathy // Civil War Times Illustrated;Dec2001, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p18
Features the Tilghman Heritage Center and Civil War Museum in Paducah, Kentucky. Details on condemnation of the Tilghman house due to crumbling exterior walls; Renovation and restoration of the Tilghman's house; Accounts on the antiques exhibited in the museum.
- A Boom industry. Bartle, Victoria // Heritage New Zealand;Spring2002, Issue 86, p32
Reports on the redevelopment of museums in New Zealand. Expenses for the redevelopment of museums; Investments of the government to fund the expansion of museums; Background on the development projects for museums.