Golden State Tobacco Fills Out a Full Plate of Deals
- Muni Yields Follow Treasuries Higher. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;8/20/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33767, p2
The article reports on the deals made in the U.S. tax-exempt market as of August 20, 2012, including 11 basis points for the 10-year Municipal Market Data yield, nine basis points for the 30-year yield, and the gains posted by treasuries.
- Texas, Colorado Deals Putting $1.5B of Supply Into Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32478, p7
The article reports on the two significant transportation deals from Texas and Colorado that are expected to provide over $1.5 billion of new supply in the tax-exempt market. The transportation deal will consist of $960 million in general obligation mobility fund bonds being issued by the...
- Municipals Flat as Treasuries Gain. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33123, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bond in the U.S. for May 29, 2009. It states that tax-exempts were mostly unchanged, in light activity. Meanwhile, the Treasury market showed gains, with a yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note. It also offers information on the largest...
- IRS Sitting Down With Issuers To Resolve Sticky Tax Matters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p5
Focuses on plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officials to work with bond issuers to resolve tax questions on tax-exempt bond deals. Comments of tax-exempt bonds field operations manager Charles anderson on the agency's process of working with issuers; Indications of a review of...
- Higher tobacco prices in 2012? Davis, Richard // Carolina Virginia Farmer;Mar2012, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses the yield of tobacco in 2012 which is expected to be low in Brazil while China and some African nations like Zimbabwe are expected to produce high yields. INSET: Key Points.
- Ohio MSA Sale Still On Track. Devitt, Caitlin; Hanson, Matt // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p1
The article reports on the decision of Buckeye Tobacco Settlement Financing Authority to remain on track to sell its $5.5 billion tobacco deal later in October 2007 in Ohio. Following the authority's approval to issue bonds on October 3, it planned to begin selling the tax-exempt bonds in a...
- Planning Tobacco Crop. Faraz, Khan // Economic Review (05318955);Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 33 Issue 10/11, p50
Reports on the production of tobacco crop in Pakistan. Impact of the crop on fiscal and monetary policies of the country; Correlation between production and demand of the tobacco companies; Regulatory control of tobacco marketing by the Pakistan Tobacco Board.
- Southwestern Capital Markets Opts Out of San Antonio Deal, Citing Liability. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p32
Reports that the Southwestern Capital Markets has opted to drop out of an underwriting syndicate overseeing debt transaction for San Antonio, Texas. Analysis of the deal; Sale of tax-exempt bonds; Prices of bonds.
- Mississippi Floating $142M In Refunding GOs This Month. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32449, p5
The article reports that Mississippi is in the process of selling $142 million of tax-exempt and taxable general obligation (GO) refunding bonds over two weeks. It was emphasized that the deal, which is structured in three series, is not insured and most of the proceeds will be used to refund...