State's Appeal of MAC Sale to Cost N.Y.C. Another Month
- MAC on Track. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p35
Reports that the board of New York's Municipal Assistance Corp. (MAC) has approved the plan of New York City to refinance the remaining MAC debt with state sales tax revenue through Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. Expectation of the city to save the money it will cost to retire the...
- ARIZONA: Tax Foes Appeal Reversal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/7/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33760, p7
The article presents information on a case of Arizona State appeals court in which petition was filed by the supporters of a state tax plan claiming to overturn a new 0.7 percent sales tax of Glendale, Arizona.
- Subway gains right of appeal on tax. Gyton, Georgi // British Baker;1/25/2013, p6
The article informs that sandwich retailer Doctor's Associates Inc. has been granted permission to make appeal in higher courts in Great Britain against government's decision to impose 20 percent tax on hot food.
- N.Y. STAR Corp. Prepares to Refinance $2.5B of MAC Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p44
Reports that Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. will begin refinancing in Municipal Assistance Corp. debt in New York City. Sale of bonds in different series; Efforts of city officials for the acquisition of updated ratings for the proposed state sales tax-backed STAR Corp. credit;...
- Gas retailers lose first legal round. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;12/13/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the decision of Quebec Superior Court Judge Louis Crete that denied the claims of the gas retailers to be exempted from collecting and remitting provincial and federal sales taxes for their non-Native clients. Timothe Huot, the lead attorney of the gas retailers, states...
- Head of N.Y. MAC says maybe it should take a leaf from TFA's book. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30239, p40
Focuses on New York City Municipal Assistance Corp.'s (NYMCA) plan to explore the possibility of winning higher ratings by mimicking the New York City Transitional Finance Authority's (NYCTFA) approach. Similarities of NYMCA's structure with the NYTCA; Ratings received by the two agencies for...
- Practicum. // Reporter;Dec93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
Examines the correct way to handle the right to appeal Article 15 punishment, at military bases. Information on the incorrect procedure; Errors in court-martial actions and orders; Problems associated with locating accuseds on appellate matters.
- Caveat. // Reporter;Dec93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p9
Looks at the conditions which must be met when a case is remanded by an appellate court for a DuBay fact-finding hearing, focusing on the case, United States versus Tripp. Provisions of a Dubay hearing; Information on the case, United States versus Burns.
- Proposal B in the best interest of judicial system. Roberts, Victoria // Crain's Detroit Business;10/28/96, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p7
Presents information relating to the ballot on Proposal B, an idea which was initiated and supported by the State Bar of Michigan. Stipulations of Proposal B; What will happen if it becomes law; Impact on judicial candidates.