Lawyers Ponder Fallout of IRS 6700 Probes
- Bond Attorneys Probed. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p1
Focuses on efforts of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to conduct an investigation against the three bond attorneys that allows market participants to provide false statements in bond transactions. Amount of penalty imposed by the agency; Awareness on the identity of the lawyers; Compliance of...
- Bond Lawyers Urge IRS to Disclose Yield-Burning Settlement Terms. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p44
Reports on bond lawyers' proposal to the U.S. Internal Revenue Services to publish the terms of global yield-burning settlement in 2000. Advantages of the terms for bond lawyers; Meaning of yield burning deals; Punishment for underwriters not willing to settle yield-burning charges.
- NABL to IRS: Get Issuers Not Investors. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p1
Reports on a proposal by the National Association of Bond Lawyers that the United States Internal Revenue Service restructure its enforcement program for municipal bonds. Penalties for issuers and conduit borrowers for tax-law violations, rather than innocent bondholders; Group's letter to...
- NABL Lists Concerns for the IRS to Address This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p5
Reports that the National Association of Bond Lawyers has submitted a wish list to the United States Internal Revenue Service for regulatory actions. Formulation of the agency's 2001 regulatory priority plan; American Bar Association's tax section.
- NABL Wants New Rules on Solid-Waste Recycling Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p4
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' call for the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to write new rules on solid-waste recycling bonds. Association's concern that the IRS is cracking down on solid-waste recycling bonds; Association's call for the IRS and the Treasury...
- NABL asks IRS to match tax law penalties with violations. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p4
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' (NABL) call for the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to match the penalty for violating tax laws governing issuance of tax-exempt bonds. Features of comments filed by the NABL on the agency's proposed guidelines for bond issuers'...
- NABL stakes out position on IRS's proposed prepayment regulations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p5
Reports on the position taken by the National Association of Bond Lawyers on the proposed prepayment regulations for bond by the United States Internal Revenue Service. Proposal to subject tax-exempt issues to arbitrage restrictions; Plans to declare such bonds taxable.
- Lawyer groups seek IRS action on unresolved bond rules. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30827, p4
Reports that the National Association of Bond Lawyers is seeking the action of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on unresolved bond rules. Tax-exempt bond matters; Solicitation for comments; Priorities of the IRS.
- NABL Readies Release of Intermediate Sanctions Paper. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30877, p5
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' preparation of its position paper on intermediate sanctions, a move aimed at formalizing degrees of penalties for issuers of tax-exempt bonds in the United States. Recommendation that the US Internal Revenue Service adopt sanctions that...