NEWS IN BRIEF
- Investors Buy American. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/20/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32654, p1
The article reports that $108.7 million revenue refunding bonds of O'Hare International Airport special facilities in Chicago, Illinois has sold on June 19, 2007 for American Airlines Inc. The bonds were priced to 5.64% tax-exempt yield, and a 5.5% equivalent coupon. Moody's Investors Service...
- Chester County, Pa., Upgraded to Aaa by Moody's. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32499, p7
The article reports on the ratings of Moody's Investors Service Inc. for the general obligation (GO) bonds of Chester County, Pennsylvania. The agency upgraded its ratings to triple-A, giving the county an added advantage for its sale of $86.6 million of bonds to refund long-term debt sold in...
- Moody's Upgrade Puts Port of Los Angeles at Number One. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p3
Reports that Port of Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California has become the highest-rated port in the U.S. after the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded the rating of the port. Rating given by the agency to the port; Percentage market share of the port; Plan of the port...
- Southern Univ. Stabilizes. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32442, p35
The article focuses on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s bond ratings for Southern University in Louisiana. Moody's has assigned a stable outlook from negative and affirmed the credit's Baa1 issuer rating. It has been said that the ratings reflects the system's multi-campus and continued response...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p34
Reports development in the bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Bond ratings of Moody's Investors Service for Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the general revenue fund of Idaho; Approval for the library authorization.
- Eastern Health on Watch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p31
Reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to place the bond ratings of Eastern Health System Inc. on watch list for a possible downgrade in Alabama. Impact of the outstanding debt of the company on the bond ratings; Review of the management of the financial reports of the company;...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p39
Presents updates related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 1, 2004. Launch of the Export Alabama to help stimulate job creation by expanding trade opportunities for companies in the state; Plan to hold a referendum to ask voters whether the community should use some of the 255 acres to...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p35
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Decline of the long-term bond rating for Baptist Health outstanding debt by Moody's Investors Service; Delay of implementing a voter-approved initiative by Governor Jeb Bush; Financial stability of the state governments.
- Credit Ratings for Public Ports Remain Stable in Face of Change. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p1
Reports on the stability of credit ratings for public ports in the U.S. Impact of the shift trade patterns on the stability of the sector; Credit ratings given to large containers ports by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Forecasts on stronger growth and domination of West Coast ports.