United Asks Court to Rehear Plea
- Bankruptcy court ruling good news for agents. Allen, Debra Lee; Hill, Thomas R. // Business Insurance;01/06/97, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p16I
Reports on a decision of the United States (U.S.) Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois, that significantly ameliorates the risk of financing premiums of a financially troubled companies. Citing the lawsuit involving Transamerica Insurance Finance Corporation and Schwinn Plan...
- Bankruptcy ruling favors premium finance companies. Allen, Debra Lee; Hill, Richard R. // Business Insurance;01/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p14C
Presents information on the September 1996 ruling of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois, which improves the risk of financing premiums of a troubled company. Reference made to Transamerica Insurance Finance Corporation; Terms of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Chicago May Issue $460M For United. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p1
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' issuance of revenue bonds on United Airlines Inc.'s behalf. Bond authorization endorsed by the City Council's Finance Committee; Structure of the bonds; Refinancing opportunities in the downward interest rate environment.
- Illinois Lawmakers Mull Airline Aid Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31526, p40
Reports that lawmakers in Illinois are planning to aid the financially-troubled United Airlines Inc. by a bond issue worth multi-million dollars. Dependence of issuance of bonds on United Airlines securing federal guarantee from the Air Transportation Stabilization Board; Intentions of the...
- Appellate Court Reverses Kmart Order Approving Favorable Treatment of Critical Vendors' Pre-Petition Unsecured Claims. Nathan, Bruce S. // Business Credit;May2003, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p34
Reports on Kmart's filing of Chapter 11 on January 22, 2002 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Motions on the approval of the payment of the pre-petition claims of certain domestic and foreign vendors; Enumeration of domestic vendors; Kmart's assertion of the...
- Conseco Hearing Is Set for March 5. // National Mortgage News;2/24/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p12
Announce the holding of a hearing on the sale of the assets of Conseco Finance Corp. in Saint Paul, Minnesota on March 5, 2003. Scheduling by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Chicago, Illinois. Announcement made by parent company Conseco Inc. in conjunction with the filing of its reorganization...
- United's Legal Woes Put Investors on Accountability Alert. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p6
Reports on the legal uncertainty surrounding the revenue bonds issued for special facilities leased by United Airlines Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the case on investors; Airports where special facilities revenue bonds have been issued for United; Control over airports' lease structures.
- Bankrupt United Airlines Continue Court Fight for Bond Proceeds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p6
Reports on United Airlines Inc.'s court arguments on its right to tap into $1.8 million of remaining special facilities revenue bond process held in construction accounts. Payments made by the airline for the projects in Los Angeles, California; United's filing before the U.S. bankruptcy court.
- Investors in holding pattern over United aircraft leases. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;2/3/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
Reports on expectations of investors owning airlines company United Airlines Inc. aircraft-backed enhanced equipment trust certificates (EETC) over aircraft leases scheduled for week ending February 08, 2003. Formation of an ad hoc committee by investors in EETC to maximize the value of the...