- CTB/McGraw-Hill and Harcourt Assessment Gain State Testing Contracts in Q1. // Educational Marketer;3/19/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the state assessment contracts won by CTB/McGraw in Missouri and Harcourt Assessment in Arkansas for the first quarter of 2006. CTB was given the annual renewable contract to supervise the Missouri Assessment Program which will cover communication arts, math and science in...
- in brief. // T H E Journal;Nov2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p11
The article presents news briefs on educational technology in the U.S. as of November 1, 2005. Harcourt Assessment has reached an agreement with the state of Maryland to provide test development, administration, scoring, and reporting services for the Maryland State Assessment for a five-year...
- Around the States …. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the educational system in the U.S. The Otis-Lennon School Ability Test and Gifted Rating Scales by Harcourt Assessment Inc. was selected by the New York City Dept. of Education (DE) to test PreK-2 students. The web-based assessment system by the Software...
- What We Learned over Summer Vacation. McLester, Susan; Poftak, Amy; Kennedy, Kristen // Technology & Learning;Aug2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
Reports developments related to technological innovations in educational publishing in the United States as of August 2001. Display of wireless handheld devices in the National Educational Computing Conference; Features of the Internet2; Establishment of the first online public charter school.
- Addresses of producers and distributors. // Technology Connection;Dec97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p36
Presents a directory of producers and distributors of educational software and publications in the United States. Includes the American Library Association; Cambrix Publishing; Digital Productions; Disney Educational Productions.
- Learning Networks Draw McGraw-Hill, PLATO; Pearson, Scholastic, AOL Already There. // Electronic Education Report;01/31/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
Reports that United States publishers McGraw-Hill Education, PLATO Learning Inc., Pearson Education and Scholastic Inc. have launched or enhanced their online learning networks for schools, students, parents and educators.
- Texas' Technology Adoption Attracts Web-Based Materials. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p6
Reports that the Texas Education Agency has accepted submissions from publishers for what was expected to be a multi-million-dollar adoption opportunity in K-12 technology applications. Number of publishers who submitted their titles for consideration; Precedent of the agency's decision; Plan...
- Wireless Generation Adds Reading Materials for its Assessment Tool. // Electronic Education Report;2/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports that Wireless Generation, which develops handheld technology products for the K-12 market, forged partnerships with several publishers to add reading materials to its mCLASS:Reading assessment tool.
- Harcourt Assessment Names More Senior Execs in Turn-Around Effort. // Educational Marketer;9/11/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p4
The article reports that Harcourt Assessment Corp. has appointed two senior management executives in the U.S. The appointments are part of the company's initiative to improve its competitive edge and financial performance. Kevin Brueggeman was named executive vice president and general manager...