College Textbook Return Growth Rate Slows in July, Clips Net Sales
- Lang. Arts, Foreign Language Textbook Sales Could Be Lighter in '04 in Tennessee Than Science in '03. // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p1
Reports that heavy purchasing by large school districts rescued Tennessee's textbook sales in 2003, but may not be repeated in 2003, when schools are supposed to buy instructional materials in K-12 language arts, foreign language and art, dramatics, music and speech.
- College Sales Grow 4.1% in November. // Educational Marketer;02/13/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the growth in the sales of instructional materials in the U.S. in November 2011. It mentions that net sales of instructional materials in U.S. colleges increased by 4.1 percent to 244 million dollars. It notes that he transition to digital instructional materials can help...
- Developing Instructional Materials in the Sloan Experiment. Seay, Ruth Hillis // Educational Leadership;Apr1951, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p417
The article focuses on the development of new instructional materials as part of the Project in Applied Economics, which was initiated by three U.S. universities. The project has come to be known as the Sloan Experiment. During the first year of the experiment, a need for special instructional...
- U.S. College Sales Up 5.4% In 2001, 2002 Should Look The Same. // Educational Marketer;2/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the growth of gross and net sales of instructional materials to U.S. colleges in 2001.
- History Repeats Itself in Texas for Textbook-Review Process. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;8/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p11
Reports on the initiation of a textbook review program by the Texas state school board as part of a plan to adopt full textbooks of history and social studies. Conduct of public hearings on text content and selection; History of the textbook selection controversy; Implications of the textbook...
- DIFFICULTIES THAT A NOVICE ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACED. Hee Jun Choi; Ji-Hye Park // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Fall2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p317
The article presents a case study which explores the difficulties faced by a novice online instructor. The study delineates the first online teaching experience of an instructor at a big university in the Midwestern U.S. The study finds that online teaching generated some challenges for the...
- Amid Changing Market, College Sales Rise 1.4%. // Educational Marketer;4/4/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the growth of the sale of course materials for colleges and universities in the U.S. in 2013 and discusses the sales report released by publishing group Association of American Publishers.
- HEW grants for AV buying. // Library Journal;1/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p157
Reports on the United States government's awarding of multi-million dollar grants to post-secondary institutions in different states for the purchase of instructional equipment and materials, including circuit instructional television equipment.
- AAP: College Market Sees March Decline, But K-12 Has Strong Month. // Educational Marketer;05/15/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the sales status of college textbooks and instructional materials to elementary schools in the United States in March 2000.