After Strong First Half, K-12 Textbook Sales Slow Down in July
- Textbook Sales Climb 23.6% In Nov.; Supplementals Decline 15.2%. // Educational Marketer;1/23/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that sales of textbooks in the U.S. continued to increase in November 2005. Net sales of basal textbooks rose by 23.6 percent to $88.9 million. This was revealed by the monthly sales report from the Association of American Publishers. The biggest increase was in adoption...
- Florida Prepares for K-12 Math Textbook Adoption. // Educational Marketer;1/18/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the expectation that K-12 math textbook adoption will be one of the largest sales in 2010 for publishers in Florida.
- Sales Spurt For K-12 Publishers In November: AAP. // Educational Marketer;1/24/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the increased sales of educational textbooks and supplemental materials in the U.S. Rate of increase; Total amount of the posted sale; Impetus to the heightened sale.
- College Publishers Take Hit in March, Still Ahead for the Year. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the sales of college textbooks in the U.S. for March 2007. According to the American Publishing Association, the industry posted $194.6 million in value of returns, an 11% increase from the same month from the previous year. $324.3 million in returns was also recorded for...
- College Net Sales Decrease 11% In Nov.; YTD Sales Track 5% Growth. // Educational Marketer;1/23/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that net sales for college textbooks in the U.S. decreased by 11 percent to $183.5 million in November 2005, compared to November 2004. Gross sales in November 2005 decreased by 4.9 percent to $279.7 million. These data were gleaned from the monthly sales report from the...
- U.S. K-12 Sales Increase 15.4%; Up In Adoption States And OTs. // Educational Marketer;4/11/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the increase in the sales of elementary and high school textbooks and supplemental materials in the U.S. during the first two months of 2005. Percentage of the increase; Projected revenue growth; Net sales in 2000.
- PreK-12 Textbook, Supplemental Net Sales Slide 9.8% to $301.5M in Q1. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the sales of pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade textbooks for the first quarter of 2007 in the U.S. The net sales of textbooks dropped to $301.5 million, 9.8% less compared to the same quarter from the previous year, according to the Association of American publishers....
- K-12, College Sales Represented 39.9% of Industry Book Sales in 2006. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the sales of kindergarten through twelfth grade (K-12) and college textbooks in the U.S. for 2006. The net sales for K-12 textbooks totaled $9.64 billion, a 2% decrease from the $9.93 billion from the previous year. According to the Association of American Publishers, the...
- PreK-12 Sales Continue Decline, but Pace Slows. // Educational Marketer;4/27/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the slow rate of decline in sales in PreK-12 market in the U.S. in February 2009. It states that sales of textbooks in adoption states increased 3.9% to 24.7 million which implies a significant decrease compared to the same month in 2008. It notes the decline of textbook...