Positional Change in Blood Pressure and 8-Year Risk of Hypertension
- Home vs office BP measurement. // Internal Medicine Alert;3/15/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p39
The article reports that 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) and home blood pressure monitoring (HBP) provides better indication of risk that office blood pressure (OBP) based in an untreated subject with hypertension (HPN).
- What aspect of HTN produces toxicity? // Alternative Medicine Alert;Jun2010 Supplement, p12
The article discusses research being done on persons with episodic blood pressure (BP), with reference to a study by P. M. Rothwell et al. in the March 2010 issue of "The Lancet."
- British Medical Journal: Difference in left and right arm blood pressure indicates survival chances. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on a study published in the periodical "British Medical Journal," according to which patients suffering from high blood pressure who have different blood pressure readings in each arm are at a reduced chance of survival over 10 years.
- Childhood obesity increases blood pressure in adolescence "quite substantially," study shows. Mayor, Susan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;5/5/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7855, p5
The article reports a new study by Australian researchers, which has revealed that childhood obesity increases blood pressure in adolescence quite substantially.
- What aspect of HTN produces toxicity? // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Jun2010 Clinical Briefs, p12
The article reports the evaluation of subgroups of individual with systolic blood pressure or persons with BP variability with episodic HTN towards the increase of stroke risk, risk for stable BP, and other risk burden.
- Staying Sharp. // Heart & Soul;Sep/Oct98, Issue 29, p26
Discusses the reason for keeping blood pressure under control. Risk factors of high blood pressure; Suggestions on how to keep blood pressure normal.
- Evidence for a Dose-Response Relationship between Occupational Noise and Blood Pressure. Talbott, Evelyn O.; Gibson, Luann B.; Burks, Alton; Engberg, Richard; McHugh, Kathleen P. // Archives of Environmental Health;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p71
Discusses a study which investigated the role of occupational noise exposure and blood pressure among workers at a high-noise-exposure metal-stamping plant and a metal-assembly plant. Demographic and salient variables among workers in both plants; Risk factors for hypertension and differences...
- Your teeth or your life. Marion, Matt // Men's Health;May99, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p34
Talks about a study published in the `Journal of Hypertension' which focused on the effects of tooth extraction on blood pressure and heart rate. Number of patients who participated in the study; Findings of the study.
- HEART ADVISOR. // Heart Advisor;Dec2015, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
A subject index of heart advisor for 2015 is presented including blood pressure (BP) control, hypertension risk, and the association of psoriasis with uncontrolled (BP).