Citizen's Advice: Bonds
- Bass Pro Reels in Revenue. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/25/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33572, p7
The article discusses the statement of Jimmy Durbin, mayor of Denham Springs, Louisiana, regarding the payment of the 50 million dollars bonds issued by the Denham Springs Economic Development District to bring in a Bass Pro Shops store.
- Regional review: Philippines. // Asian Business Review;Aug97, p14
Cites some economic developments in the Philippines. Philippine government's decision of not listing its bonds on the Manila Stock Exchange; Plans for the construction of an industrial park in Quezon province, south of Manila.
- N.Y.C.'s Safe Neighborhood. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p1
Reports on the trading of long-term bonds by the New York City government. Development of the industrial West Side of Manhattan; Expansion of the midtown business district; Facilitation of credit enhancement for the proposed commercial paper program.
- Florida Cabinet Approves Interest Rate Waivers for CDDs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/1/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p33
The article reports that higher interest rates have been approved by Florida Governor Charlie Crist and Cabinet officers than allowed by law for six community development districts (CDDs) created by developers and builders. It is asserted that the CCDs prefer the issuance of tax-exempt bonds to...
- NORBP asks N.O. release of $3M bond. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p1
This article reports that city ledgers show more than $3 million in bond money is available to improve an eastern New Orleans business park. It would be a nice chunk of change for the New Orleans Regional Business Park, formerly known as the New Orleans Business and Industrial District, where...
- Plainfield Parks Rise to AA. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33060, p9
The article reports that Plainfield Township Park District's general obligation rating was raised by Standard & Poor's Corp. to AA from A in Plainfield, Illinois. The increased rating is to recognize te district's positive financial operations that have helped build strong reserve levels and...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...