- Reading between lines, of Illinois' redistricting. Green, Paul M. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p11
Comments on the redistricting plans by legislators in Illinois. Impact of reduced districts on delegation to the United States Congress; Role of the General Assembly in redrawing districts; Significance of representations and demographics on redistricting.
- Building the bench, in baseball and politics. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the impact of the release of legislative and congressional district map drafts on the legislative process in Indiana. Importance of the maps on the political party to control legislation; Impact of Republican control of the Senate on the Indiana business community; Criticism on the...
- Gearing Up for autumn. // New Mexico Business Journal;June2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the legislative session on the approval of the election redistricting scheme in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Effect of the legislation on the election districts; Remarks on the candidates running for office; Realization on the ideals of politics.
- THE SCOPE OF THE POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TEXAS LEGISLATURE IN REDISTRICTING AND THE EXPLORATION OF ALTERNATIVES TO THE LEGISLATIVE ROLE: A BASIC PRIMER. Snare, Jonathan // Texas Hispanic Journal of Law & Policy;Summer2001, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p83
Explores the scope and responsibilities of the Texas Legislatures in the redistricting process from the Texas Senate's perspective. Outline of the general constitutional duties of the legislature in the process; Alternatives to the role of the legislature in the process; Summary of the impact...
- Nassau braces for 1st redistricting. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/13/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 39, p51A
Comments on the redistricting of Legislature in Nassau County, New York. Adjustment on the boundaries of districts; Legal challenges to the Board of Supervisory system; Alterations implemented by the Board of Supervisors to the districts.
- Congressmen Hiring Lobbyists? // Campaigns & Elections (1996);May2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p9
Reports that three New York State congressmen have hired lobbyists to try to persuade lawmakers to retain their three congressional districts in a redistricting plan based on the 2000 census. Number of congressional seats that will be eliminated in New York State; Actions taken by other...
- Tomblin Must Veto Redistricting Plan. // State Journal (WV);9/2/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p20
In this article the author comments on the need of acting West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin to veto redistricting plan in 2011.
- Redistricting a must. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/14/2005, Issue 323465, p26
Focuses on the issues involving Proposition 77, the Voter Empowerment Act in California. Influence of the initiative to allow voters to regain accountability from the state's legislative and congressional districts; Ineffectiveness of the Legislature in dealing with the ongoing budget deficits...
- Washington Watch. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;9/9/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p12
Reports developments related to the operation of credit union (CU) industry and the government in the U.S. as of September 2002. Impact of the congressional redistricting on the operations of CU; Success of credit unions specializing in loans to taxi drivers; Plan of the legislators to...