- Pitched battle over Clinton plan to shift Chapter 1 aid seen. Pitch, Mark // Education Week;9/22/93, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the economic implication of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act released by the Bill Clinton administration in September 1993 to different states. Loss of millions of dollars in funding in federal remedial-education aid for sixteen states; Gain of funds for the remaining...
- Funding battles brewing. Long, Richard // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p28
Assesses a debate over a legislation governing the funding and reauthorization of education programs in the United States (U.S.). Issues influencing the debate before the U.S. Congress; Differences in approaches to education funding; Controversy regarding student assessment standards in U.S....
- Legislators' games with education bill an embarrassment. // Inside Tucson Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p4
Comments on the failure of an education funding bill in Arizona to make progress in the State Assembly. Proposed funding; Role of Republicans in the failure of the bill to progress.
- Was momentum of inertia the result of Claremont resolution vote? Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;01/25/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p11
No abstract available.
- Financial Ed Bill In New York. // Credit Union Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p11
Reports that legislation that has the backing of New York State's credit unions and which would promote financial education has been introduced in the New York State Legislature.
- Comparing proposed Chapter 1 funding formulas. // Education Week;9/14/94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p23
Presents a comparison of Chapter 1 grants to states under separate versions of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
- Idaho response to school-adequacy suit is monetary. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;10/26/94, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the revamping of Idaho's finance system by state policymakers to allow state aid to districts with low property wealth and the hiking of K-12 appropriations. Effect on school-finance lawsuits; Comparison of Idaho case to similar cases in other states.
- Tax-time donations. // Education Week;2/28/96, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p17
Reports on the passage of a bill by a House committee in Hawaii that will allow taxpayers to make a five-dollar donation to the state's education system on their state income tax returns. Provisions on the use of the contributions.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;6/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p16
Presents summaries of final action taken by state legislatures on state education budgets and other education-related matters in the United States as of June 5, 1996. States include Connecticut; Iowa; Kansas; Mississippi; Missouri; New Mexico.