Pittsburgh Water, Sewer Authority Embarks on $165 Million Refunding
- Pittsburgh Authority plans first Internet advance refunding. Demenchuck, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30328, p3
Focuses on the sale of new money bonds over the Internet by the Pittsburgh Water & Sewer Authority. Value of the bonds; Projects planned to receive funds raised by the bond issue.
- Water and sewer system passes to authority's control in Pittsburgh. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30652, p45
Reports that the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority will assume the responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the city's infrastructure. Elimination of the overlap of functions of the public works department and the authority.
- Maturity bids win out in Pittsburgh Internet refunding. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30337, p31
Reports on the number of maturity-by-maturity bids obtained by the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority on the $228.5 million of water and sewer system bonds in the first advance refunding sold over the Internet. Background on the `MuniAction' Web site used in the negotiated sale; Options for...
- Pittsburgh Sewer Authority Reaches Cash Settlement in Case of Whistle-Blowers. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p29
Reports the settlement of the lawsuits filed by former Water and Sewer Authority executives against the authority in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Contribution of insurance carrier Coregis Inc. in settling the claims; Amount received by John Hanna and Michael Stallard under the settlement terms;...
- Finding the BIG fix. Barkin, Robert // American City & County;Apr2012, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on the effort of the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) in Pennsylvania to reinvest in the city's water and wastewater infrastructure. The city reportedly spent close to 100 million U.S. dollars for the infrastructure in 2012. Councilman Patrick Dowd said, however,...
- Pall Trinity signs deals worth millions. Hubbard, Kim L. // Business Journal (Central New York);06/18/99, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the treatment-facility contract between the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) and Pall Trinity Micro (PTM). Drinking-water safety test undergone by PTM; Filtration process; Market potential of the membrane system.
- Schlumberger to equip Pittsburgh with telemetry app. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p35
Reports that Schlumberger Resource Management Inc. won a contract to supply an advanced meter reading solution to the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority. Use of the product to provide fixed-network automated meter reading services to residential, commercial and industrial customers across...
- Frisco, Tex., Putting $198M of Bonds, Arts District Before Voters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p3
Reports the decision of Dallas suburb of Frisco on the 197.5 million dollars general obligation bond in Texas. Proposal to finance capital projects of four-city arts district; Approval on 40 million dollars election by voters; Estimation of 16 million dollars short-term holding facility for the...
- D.C. raises issue by $50 million for management projects. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30354, p4
Reports that the government of Washington, D.C. has raised the amount of bonds it plans to issue in March 1998 to $200 million from $150 million in order to raise $50 million for management reform projects. District's capital deficit for schools and transportation; Elimination of the...