NEWS IN BRIEF
- New-Issue Balances. // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p41
Presents statistical information related to new-issue balances in the U.S. as of February 15, 2002. Amount of balances; Date of maturity for balances; Recent offerings in the market.
- Battered dollar, wider trade gap drive munis down 3/8 of a point. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;09/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30731, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States for September 21, 1999. Performance of the municipal securities; Effects of the failure of Japan and United States to reach an accord; Widening of United States international trade deficit.
- Trade deficit will keep growing. Klein, Ed // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p35
Reports on the economic impact of trade deficit on business organizations in the U.S. Closure of the general consumer packaging operation of HeadWestvaco Corp.; Recruitment of risk personnel at Weather & Energy Inc.; Completion of the senior debt financing by Trans-Lux Corp.
- teleGRAPH. // Prague Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p5
Reports developments related to business enterprises as of October 2001 in Czech Republic. Impact of the decline in German demand to the Czech trade deficit; Plans of RadioMobil to utilize the global brand name T-Mobile; End of merger talks between Commerzbank and the Italian bank UniCredito.
- A Bright Future for U.S. Multinationals. Baeder, R.W. // American Business Review;Jun88, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the performance of multinational corporations in the United States. Assessment of the global competitiveness and world trade position of US firms; Correlation between trade balances and profits; Impact of marketing and financing on multinational corporations.
- Some Improvement In Hungary...Too Early To Be Bullish. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p15
Presents information on the economic improvements in Hungary. Currency trading of the Hungarian money; Inflation and trade deficit in June 2003; Renewal of the interest in bond market.
- Bid Side Fades 2 or 3 Basis Points; $1.7 Billion in New Issues Sold. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p2
Reports on developments in the United States bond market, as of July 13, 2004. Bid side in tax-exempts; Trading performance of the government bond market; Percentage decline in trade deficit.
- Pension deficits fall by Â£84bn as bond yields rise. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);6/14/2013, p1
The article offers information on the fall in the corporate pension deficits in Great Britain in 2013. Researchers consider increase in bond yields by 0.25 percent as the reason behind falling deficits. The decrease in corporate pension deficits has been recorded up to 611 billion pound in May 2013.
- Southern Minnesota Power Agency Returns to Market With Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31463, p36
Reports the re-entry of the Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency to the tax-exempt market. Refund of company 1992 and 1993 power supply system revenue bonds; Reduction of agency debt load; Maturation date of the bonds.