- Holden's Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports on cuts announced by Missouri governor Bob Holden to the state's budget for the fiscal year 2002. Details of these cuts; Reasons for the cuts; Economic challenges faced by the state.
- Profile. King, Don // State Government News;Mar96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p29
Presents an interview with Missouri State Treasurer Bob Holden. Educational background; Contributions to community activities; Starting of the Classroom Cents program.
- Managing for Results. Wilson, Quentin // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2002, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the initiation of governor Bob Holden in managing resources in Missouri. Importance of basing budget decisions on fact-based results information; Implementation of a resource management system; Impact of system on the Department of Transportation.
- Missouri Governor: School Funds at Risk Without Tobacco Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p3
Reports on the warning of democrat governor of Missouri Bob Holden to reduce education funding if lawmakers do not soon adopt his revised plan to leverage a portion of the state's future tobacco settlement payments. Proposed amount to be reduced; Reasons cited by republicans for not adopting...
- Holden winds back the dock. Mandy, Darin // Australian Auto Action;7/31/2014, Issue 1602, p31
The article reports that the 1966 Bathurst 500 winner Bob Holden won the 2014 Lloyd Bax Trophy , a six-lap handicap race, in his Toyota Corolla GT, at Morgan Park Raceway in Queensland.
- Gov. Signs Credit Scoring Bill; Bars Insurers From Using Data As Sole Underwriting Criterion. // Insurance Advocate;7/22/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 27, p23
Reports that Missouri consumers will continue to enjoy the benefits of credit-based insurance scoring under a bill that was signed on July 12, 2002 by Governor Bob Holden.
- Show Me Stadiums. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p35
Reports on the financial support of Governor Bob Holden for the renovation of the Truman Sports Complex in Missouri. Identification of the funding package; Renewal of sales tax; Amount intended for the project.
- Calif. Audit Cites Litany of Troubles in Oakland Schools. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p11
Reports that California auditors released an assessment of the Oakland public schools which pointed mismanagement, poor student achievement and financial bankruptcy in California. Overview of the audit; Governance of the district school board; Dropout rate of Afro-American students.
- Back to school. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;7/22/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p53
Presents a lesson that businesses could learn from the result of a controversy over Microsoft Corporation's request for computer software audit from public schools in Oregon and Washington. Content and intent of a letter sent by Microsoft to schools; Factors that prompted Microsoft to backed...