Three Texas Cities OK Tax Hike for $240 Million Rail Link to DART
- Federal funds GO. // Railway Gazette International;May2003, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p251
Reports on federal fund contributions for the expansion project of GO Transit company in Toronto, Ontario. Significance of the construction plan; Details of the project.
- Norfolk line cleared by Congress. // Railway Gazette International;Nov2007, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p679
The article reports on the approval of the Full Funding Grant Agreement for the light rail project in Norfolk, Virginia. The agreement was approved only days after the Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads agreed to purchase nine S70 Avanto cars from Siemens. The order was placed...
- BUSINESS MATTERS. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p2
Reports business developments in New York as of October 2002. Allocation of federal grant to Syracuse University from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; Approval for the construction of a rail siding to serve the Richer Feeds mill; Value of the share dividend by Pro-Fac...
- Vehicles of change. James, Ed // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/17/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 51, p6
Presents information on the efforts of regional governments in the Middle East to meet the challenge of city growth through the development of major urban rail transport networks. Comparison of the challenges facing low-income countries and richer countries; Effect of a revenue gap between the...
- ADB funds provide rail breakthrough. // Railway Gazette International;Nov2009, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p7
The article offers updates on the proposed rail link from Uzbekistan to Mazar-i-Sharif in Afghanistan. Through an Asian Development Bank grant worth 165 million U.S. dollars, an Afghanistan Railway Authority would be established by December 2010 while 5 million U.S. dollars would be used in the...
- Bratislava tram extension gets EU funding. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2015, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the approval by the European Commission of a grant from the European Union Cohesion Fund for a project to extend the metre-gauge tram network of Bratislava in Slovakia, and mentions the consortium constructing the extension project.
- North Carolina Might Authorize Introduction of Half-Cent Sales Tax by Counties. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p6
Reports on the plan of the North Carolina General Assembly to grant the counties the authority to enact a half-cent local option sales tax. Move of the House of Democrats in the state to solve budget crisis; Examination on the 440 million dollars funding proposals for the state; Details on the...
- SOUTH DAKOTA. Clement, Douglas // Fedgazette;Nov2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the decline of sales taxes in South Dakota in fiscal year 2002. Significance of sales taxes to the state's general fund; Decision of the South Dakota Legislature to draw on the state's reserve funds in February 2002; Completion of the sale of future state receipts from the 1998...
- Tax hike would benefit 370 Lakeside. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;7/11/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 28, pA1
The article reports on Proposition P, a city sales tax increase of four-tenths of a cent that could generate as much as 4.8 million U.S. dollars per year for Saint Peters, Missouri that would be used for storm water management and park improvements.