New NABL Head Puts Tax Coordination at Top of List
- IRS To Issue Interim Guidance On Circular 230. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32138, p1
This article reports that an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) official said that the agency intends to issue interim guidance to try to clear up confusion over what constitutes a state or local bond opinion before final Circular 230 regulations go into effect on June 20, 2005. Catherine E....
- IRS Cool to NABL's Plan On Audits. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p1
Reports on a National Association of Bond Lawyers' proposal that calls for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to reorient its tax-exempt bond enforcement program. Ensuring that innocent bondholders are not penalized for tax law violations; Payment of closing agreements.
- NABL Urges IRS to Boost Number Of Attorneys in Guidance Group. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30900, p1
Reports on National Association of Bond Lawyers' urging of the United States Internal Revenue Service to hire more attorneys to help clarify and update regulations. Issues on tax-exempt bonds; Resources spent on enforcement actions.
- New York Bar Association Presses for Clear Standards on IRS' Section 6700. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p4
Reports on the recommendation of the New York Bar Association concerning the Internal Revenue Service guidance on Section 6700 in the U.S. Application of the uniform rules to bond lawyers regarding the standard of diligence brought to a bond deal; Prevention of abusive bond deals; Confirmation...
- Federal Case Challenges IRS Penalties. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/29/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32992, p1
The article reports on the pending case of Richard H. Hargrove, former bond lawyer at Hargrove & Cosntanzo PC, concerning his $1.9 million penalties for giving tax-exempt bond opinions on fraudulent land-based deals in the U.S. Hargrove questions the method of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)...
- Naming-Rights Clarion. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p1
Reports on municipal bond attorneys' request to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to issue formal guidance on tax-exempt bond deals involving naming rights for sports and conventions. Cause of concerns over the issue; Issues raised by municipal bond attorneys; Analysts' opinion about the issue.
- Concern Over Conduits. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31410, p1
Reports the concern of Mark Scott, national director for tax-exempt bonds of the Internal Revenue Service on the removal of its power to penalize conduit borrowers who violate the tax laws the U.S. Movement in changing the legal interpretation of section 150(b) of the tax code; Deduction of...
- IRS: 63 Agreements Reached This Year, With No Investors Taxed. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p4
Reports the closing agreement of the Internal Revenue Service with bond issuers on tax-exempt bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Investigation of the agency on forty tax sheltered-related cases; Emphasis of the agency on the blind-pools and zero coupon deals of tax shelter abuses; Effort of the agency...
- IRS Redoubles Investigation of 501(c)(3) `Blind Pools'. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p5
Focuses on the investigation by the Internal Revenue Service into 'blind pool' tax-exempt bonds issued by 501 (c) (3) organizations in the U.S. Reason for issuing the blind pool bonds by the organizations; Requirement to issue the tax-exempt bonds; Contradiction between pattern of loaning used...