NEWS IN BRIEF
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p2
The article presents developments related to the securities industry in the U.S. The consumer price index for March 2007 was up 0.6 percent but core was a low increase of 0.1 percent. According to Commerce Department data, groundbreaking for new U.S. home construction rebounded 0.8 percent to a...
- Fed's decision not to taper was a big surprise to Wall Street. PAPPAS, MATTHEW // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/7/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p6
The article presents the decision of the U.S. Federal Reserve not to pull back their support for bond purchases in 2013. It discusses the reaction in the market on the comments of Chairman Ben Bernanke about a possible tapering of bond purchases. The author argues that though there improvements...
- Muni indexes reach 1996 heights amid indications of rate tightening. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30808, p36
Reports on the performance of the Bond Buyer yield indexes in the United States in the second week of January 2000. US Federal Reserve Board's tightening of money supplies; Performance of the tax-exempt market indexes.
- Rescue Plan Could Boost Housing Bill. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32918, p1
The article reports that the federal government's efforts to bolster Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could result in added support for housing legislation that includes several significant bond provisions in the U.S. The bill, which calls for $300 billion in mortgage relief and increases the limit on...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Kinnander, Ola; Vekshin, Alison; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p2
Reports developments related to bonds as of April 2002 in the U.S. Increase in consumer price index; Decline in private housing permits; Performance of the production at factories, mines and utilities.
- No Quick Fix To CPI Pressures. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Aug2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on rising consumer price index (CPI) forecasts in El Salvador as a result of surging food and energy prices as of August 2008. CPI statistics from different sectors of the economy are presented. The U.S. Federal Reserves and the country's fiscal policy are mentioned in...
- Inflation Shift Could Roil Markets in '04. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;1/12/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p17
Assesses the impact of the reversal in inflation trend on U.S. financial markets in 2004. Statement issued by Larry Kantor, head of economics and market strategy at Barclays Capital; Increase in consumer price index; Response of the Federal Reserve Board to the budding inflationary pressure.
- Stocks rally as Fed cuts again. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/21/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 21, p3
Reports the impact of cutting short-term interests rates by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board on financial stocks. Growth of consumer price index; Increase of the long-term bond yields; Emphasis on equity portfolios in money market funds.
- Volatile Session Ends With Municipals Down Slightly Due to Inflation Fears. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Expectation for the Federal Reserve Board to tighten monetary policy further despite a benign reading on the core consumer price index; Increase in inflation shown in the much-anticipated consumer price index report; Concerns...