Thanks to Voters, Texas DOT Can Now Issue Highway Bonds
- Polk County, Fla., Ready for Bonding After 2-Year Struggle. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p4
Reports on Polk County, Florida commissioners' decision to authorize revenue bonds for widening projects on a half-dozen of the central Florida county's most congested roads. Discussion on the benefits of the work versus the price of long-term debt; Sources of funding to support the bond.
- TexDOT Picks Underwriters For Big Deals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31993, p1
The article focuses on the Texas Department of Transportation which is putting the wheels in motion for an early 2005 issuance of the state's first stand-alone transportation bonds, including choosing an underwriting pool and senior managers for future deals that could top $6 billion. The...
- Turnpike Plans Big Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/13/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33812, p1
The article informs that the Turnpike System of Central Texas is planning to refund its outstanding debt of 840.9 million U.S. dollars which was used to develop a toll-road system around Austin, Texas. It mentions that Texas Transportation Commission which operates the toll system with the help...
- It's one big roadeo in Texas. Wilson, Bill; Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Mar2002, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p14
Reports the three major highway construction projects of the Texas Department of Transportation. Expansion on I-35 and I-69; Cost of the I-35 upgrade near Waco; Reduction of coverage area after finishing the environmental studies.
- TxDOT plans safety project for FM 1161. // East Bernard Express (TX);5/13/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the plan of Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to establish an eight-mile project Farm-to-Market Road (FM) 1161 for highway safety end-treatments in Wharton County, Texas in 2010.
- SH 45 connector needs your input. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/9/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 28, p3A
The article announces the Texas Department of Transportation's (TxDOT) plan to host a public hearing on its plan to build a road connecting the FM 1626 and SH 45SW roads as of October 9, 2013.
- Transportation meeting set Tuesday in WF. // Graham Leader;3/4/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 58, p6A
The article reports that the Texas Department of Transportation will host an open-house style public meeting in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration for the development of the Texas Rural Transportation Plan 2035 on March 6, 2012.
- TxDOT extends CETRZ deadline. RASH, BRIAN // Graham Leader;2/19/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 54, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to extend the deadline for the County Energy Transportation Reinvestment Zones (CERTZ) road project applications from March 4, 2014 to March 7, 2014.
- County fears TxDOT to slash road funds. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/14/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p1A
The article reports that the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has expressed their intention to pass the funding for the maintenance and construction of state roads to county governments.