Baruch Blumberg--work on hepatitis B virus
- The following remarks were read as part of "Remembering Barry: A Celebration of Baruch S. Blumberg, M.D., Ph.D. (1925-2011)," at Fox Chase Cancer Center on 2 June 2011. London, W. Thomas // Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society;Sep2011, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p303
The article presents a speech by W. Thomas London, physician at the Fox Chase Cancer Center, delivered at the memorial for Baruch S. Blumberg, M.D., Ph.D., held June 2, 2011 at the Fox Chase Cancer Center, in which he discussed Blumberg's 1976 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, his love of...
- Nobel Laureate Blumberg Dies, Directed NASA Astrobiology Institute Obituary. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/11/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 13, p16
An obituary is presented for Baruch "Barry" Blumberg, a Nobel Prize winning doctor and the first director of the NASA (National Aeronautics & Space Administration) Astrobiology Institute.
- Baruch Blumberg (1925-2011). Alter, Harvey // Nature;5/12/2011, Vol. 473 Issue 7346, p155
An obituary for geneticist Baruch Blumberg is presented.
- BARUCH S. BLUMBERG. McPherson, Mary Patterson // Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society;Sep2011, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p301
An obituary is presented for Baruch S. Blumberg, American physician and member of the American Philosophical Society.
- Farewell to Baruch Blumberg Hon FSB. // Biologist;Jun2011, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p53
An obituary for Nobel Prize winner and biologist Baruch Blumberg is presented.
- For the record. // New Scientist;8/22/2009, Vol. 203 Issue 2722, p25
This section presents the corrections to the article about the fire on the Brooks mountain range in northern Alaska published in the August 8, 2009 and to the interview with Baruch Blumberg published in the same issue.
- R&D STARS TO WATCH. Pospisil, Vivian; Teresko, John; Barovian, Beth; Hofmann, Lisa; Merfalen, Eric // Industry Week/IW;12/11/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 20, p79
Profiles several scientists and researchers. Efforts of biochemist Baruch Blumberg to discover microorganisms and primitive life in hostile environments; Study of researcher Matthew Brand on the mathematical approaches to learning; Details on the technique developed by Molecular Sciences...
- Virus Hunters. // Time;10/25/1976, Vol. 108 Issue 17, p88
The article announces that virologists Baruch S. Blumberg and Carleton D. Gajdusek have received the 1976 Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine from Stockholm's Royal Caroline Institute.
- Winning the fight against liver disease. Zuckerman, Arie J. // Nature;6/27/2002, Vol. 417 Issue 6892, p900
Reviews the book 'Hepatitis B: The Hunt for a Killer Virus,' by Baruch S. Blumberg.