Comprehensive Evaluation of the Older Woman
- Older women's health: Clinical care in the postmenopausal years. Butler, Robert N.; Collins, Karen Scott // Geriatrics;Jun95, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p33
Part II. Discusses clinical care of postmenopausal women. Indications for hormone replacement; Mental health; Primary care response.
- Mums' and dads' army. Bainton, Roy // New Statesman & Society;9/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 371, p16
Recounts the author's hardship in taking care of his 79 year old grand mother in Great Britain. Complexities in asking for financial support from the community nurse; Data from General Household Survey on caring for the olds; Invalid Care Allowance as the lowest of all security benefits;...
- Older women's health: `Taking the pulse' reveals gender gap in medical care. Butler, Robert N.; Collins, Karen Scott // Geriatrics;May95, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p39
Part I. Presents a roundtable discussion on the experiences of geriatricians concerning the medical care of aged women in the United States. Neglect of women in medical education; Gender bias in health insurance and quality of treatment; Women in research studies; Improvement of the...
- Use of mammography services by women aged ...65 years enrolled in Medicare--United States, 1991-... Trontell, A.E.; Franey, E.W. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;10/20/1995, Vol. 44 Issue 41, p777
Reports on mammography screening services for women aged 65 years old and above in the United States. Eligibility of women enrolled in Medicare; Medicare claims data for services provided during 1991-1993; Annual rates of mammography use for enrolled women; Indication of a low rate of...
- Cervical screening 'could be split by age'. Stirling, Alisdair // Pulse;4/21/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 13, p10
The article focuses on the Trial of Management of Borderline and Other Low-Grade Abnormal (TOMBOLA) study which suggests that human papillomavirus (HPV) testing should be applied to older but not to younger women in Great Britain.
- A Startling Chase Led by Hip Pain. Spark, Ronald P. // Cortlandt Forum;08/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p147
Narrates the diagnostic challenge presented by an elderly woman who had hip discomfort but seemed otherwise healthy, but was found to have a heart tumor. Medical history; Surgery; Identification of the myxoma as metastasis.
- Urine specimen can be collected by clean catch from incontinent female residents. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;05/15/95, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p9
Reports on an article published in the `Journal of the American Geriatrics Society' which states that urine may be gathered from incontinent elderly females without the use of catheters. Necessity of gathering urine due to the presence of urinary tract infections (UTI) among nursing home...
- Older women miss out on surgery. // PRWeek (London);6/24/2011, p8
The article reports on a study conducted by the National Cancer Intelligence Network which found that older women in Great Britain are less likely to have surgery for breast cancer than their younger counterparts.
- Respite patient's needs overlooked. Marriner, Katie // New Zealand Doctor;2/29/2012, p12
The article reports that deputy health and disability commissioner Tania Thomas criticized Northbridge Lifecare for not providing enough care to a 90-year-old woman who died of cardiogenic shock, myocardial infarction and other diseases after leaving the resthome.