58-Year-Old Woman With Dry Mouth and Swollen Parotid Glands
- Parotid major duct cyst: A case report. FENG Ai-ju; XIAO Wen-lin; ZHAO Bao-dong; ZHOU Xuan; SUN Jian // Shanghai Journal of Stomatology;Jun2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p334
Parotid gland cyst can be congenital or acquired, which is rarely seen in clinic. Cysts in the main duct of the parotid gland are especially rare. We reported a 37-year-old man who presented with a painless mass on the right cheek. Superficial parotidectomy was performed and histopathologic...
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma MR imaging findings involving the parotid gland: CT and MR imaging findings. L. Zhu; P. Wang; J. Yang; Q. Yu // Dentomaxillofacial Radiology;2013, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p1
Objectives: As an uncommon neoplasm, parotid non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) comprises mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) and non-MALT lymphomas. Both types of lymphoma vary in prognosis and treatment. The aim of this study was to explore CT and MRI characteristics of these two types of...
- Self-induced pneumoparotitis. Nassimbeni, Graziella; Ventura, Alessandro // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar1995, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p160
Presents two cases of self-induced pneumoparotitis in children. Autoinsufflation as the most common cause of pneumoparotitis; Presence of psychosocial problems; Nature and duration of the episodes.
- Heerfordt's disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1029
A definition of the medical term "Heerfordt's disease," which refers to an uveoparotid fever characterized by enlargement of the parotid gland, is presented.
- hydroparotitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1106
A definition of the medical term "hydroparotitis," which refers to an accumulation of fluid in the parotid gland, is presented.
- mumps. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1507
An encyclopedia entry for "mumps" is presented.
- parotitis, parotiditis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1715
A definition of the term "parotitis" or "parotiditis" which refers to an inflammation of the parotid gland is presented.
- aeroparotitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p55
An encyclopedia entry for "aeroparotitis," which refers to the swelling of the parotid glands, is presented.
- Malignant lymphoepithelial lesion of the parotid gland: A case report and review of the literature. Wu, Derrina Ling-Ling; Shemen, Larry; Brady, Terrence; Saw, Daisy // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p803
Malignant lymphoepithelial lesions are rare tumors of the major salivary glands. They most often occur in Asians and Greenland Eskimos and are strongly associated with Epstein-Barr virus infection. We report a case of a malignant lymphoepithelial lesion of the parotid gland that developed in an...