Thiazolidinedione-Associated Congestive Heart Failure and Pulmonary Edema
- Myocardial necrosis and severe biventricular dysfunction in the context of chronic ephedrine abuse. Martínez-Quintana, Efren; Rodríguez-González, Fayna; Cuba-Herrera, Javiel // Adicciones;2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p25
Ephedra is an amphetamine-like compound with a potent sympatho-mimetic effect. Ephedrine its active component, is widely used for weight loss, to enhance athletic performance or as component of some drugs. Its cardiovascular effects include tachycardia, increased inotropy, arterial...
- Taking an NSAID while on diuretic therapy raises the risk of serious CHF. // Geriatrics;Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p82
Focuses on the study `NSAID Associated with Increased Risk of Congestive Heart Failure in Elderly Patients Taking Diuretics,' by E.R. Heerdink, H.G. Leufkens, R.M.C. Herings and others, which was published in the May 1998 `Archives of Internal Medicine.' Difference between older patients...
- Triage of patients with congestive heart failure. Apgar, Barbara // American Family Physician;1/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p326
Summarizes a study by M.H. Chin and L. Goldman, in the 1996 issue of the `Archives of Internal Medicine,' volume 156, which identifies characteristics that place patients with congestive heart failure at high risk for major complications or death. Background on the study; Findings of the study;...
- Research Roundup. // Environmental Nutrition;Sep2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the finding that a high-sodium diet increases the risk of congestive heart failure in people who are overweight.
- Basiliximab. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2015, Vol. 1576 Issue 1, p55
The article presents a case study of a 69-year-old female patient suffering from non-cardiogenic pulmonary oedema after administration of basiliximab.
- Monitor renal function in elderly heart failure patients on ACE inhibitors. // Modern Medicine;Sep98, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p28
Presents an abstract of the article `Risk of morbidity from renovascular disease in elderly patients with congestive cardiac failure,' by P. MacDowall, P.A. Kalra, et al from `Lancet' dated July 4, 1998.
- Congestive Heart Failure in Type 2 Diabetes. Nichols, Gregory A.; Hillier, Teresa A.; Brown, Jonathan B.; Erbey, John R. // Diabetes Care;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p1614
Presents a study which analyzed the prevalence of congestive heart failure (CHF) in people with and without type 2 diabetes and the risk factors for diabetes-associated CHF. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- Can hepatitis B vaccine cause CHF? Smith, Albert B. // Cortlandt Forum;2/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p85
Presents author's query on a possible link between hepatitis B vaccine and the onset of congestive heart failure.
- Carbon monoxide pollution may precipitate CHF. // Geriatrics;Dec95, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p13
Reports on an article published in the October 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Public Health' saying that carbon monoxide pollution may precipitate congestive heart failure. Danger of carbon monoxide to people with underlying heart disease; Car and truck emissions as primary cause of...